FP&A Commissions Specialist
Who we are
We provide our employees with the resources and opportunities they need to chart a career of achievement, growth and endless possibilities.
Our People Lead with Integrity, take ownership, strive to fuel client success, consistently deliver value and collaborate to play as a team to innovate at the highest levelThe TeamThis role is within the Corporate Services business unit. Our Corporate Services business unit includes our Corporate Solutions and Listing Services businesses. Our Corporate Solutions business serves corporate clients, including companies listed on our exchanges and private companies. We help organizations enhance their ability to understand and expand their global shareholder base, and
improve corporate governance through our suite of advanced technology, analytics, and consultative services. Our Listing Services business includes our U.S. and European Listing Services businesses. We operate a variety of listing platforms around the world to provide multiple global capital raising solutions for private and public companies. Our main listing markets are The Nasdaq Stock Market and the Nasdaq Nordic and Nasdaq Baltic exchanges. Our Listing Services business also includes the Nasdaq Private Market (NPM), which provides liquidity solutions for private companies and private funds.This role will be part of the BUCFO Finance Team. The commission team will be made up of 3 people, a manager and two analysts. This role will provide financial operation and business support to the Corporate Solutions Sales organization. The role will primarily be focused on commissions support and reporting.
A typical day will include
- Effectively interpret, apply and communicate Commission plan rules to both frontline Sales staff and Sales management.
- Validate transactional accuracy of Sales on an ongoing basis in various financial reporting systems, including Sales transaction participant assignments.
- Communicate effectively and consistently with all relevant Stakeholders regarding Commissions.
- Collaborate with business partners to deliver accurate and timely results, including relevant variance explanations.
- Assist in forecast data consolidation and report preparation.
- Act as a contact point for queries from business management.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed to support business decisions.
- Execute activities consistent with established regulatory and internal Compliance Policies & Procedures.
- Identify enhancements to process and system limitations to improve the efficiency of Commission workflow.
You will need to demonstrate skills/experience in
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced coursework, degree or professional certificate preferred (e.g. MBA, CPA).
- 5+ years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a Sales Finance or Commission-related role.
- Experience in financial analysis, financial modeling, sales forecasting, and management reporting.
- Familiarity with monthly close process and experience with variance analysis.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel: ability to create and manipulate pivot tables and formulas.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality, responsive Customer Service.
- Ability to perform duties consistent with established policies and perform with a sense of urgency in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Extremely detailed-oriented with ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Good organizational skills and ability to understand customer workflow and priorities.
And it would be great if you also have experience in
- Experience in utilizing and/or administering a Commission platform, (Callidus/Xactly) strongly preferred.
- Ability to adapt to multiple Financial and CRM systems: Knowledge preferred in Salesforce.com, Apttus, Workday and Hyperion.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.