Fund Relations Analyst
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 500+ employees provide advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed fee pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
The Role: Fund Relations Analyst
Job Summary & Purpose:
- Help to manage Albourne’s relationship with fund managers
- Interface with the different teams at Albourne to ensure smooth and coherent interactions with fund managers: Portfolio Group, ODD, IDD, QDD, F&I
- Manage the complex fund communications involved in the onboarding of a large new client/mandate
- Promote manager usage of MoatSpace and help deliver on our data strategy
- Communicating Albourne’s business model and services: Communicating with managers regarding Albourne. Being fluent in who we are, our business model, services, locations, clients, etc. Answering questions managers may have relating to those broad topics.
- Work very closely with the data team: The fund relations role is the public face of the data team. The data team will actually be executing the tasks communicated by the fund relations person. Examples include the registration process of MoatSpace, cleaning data, questionnaires, and a host of other activities. Fund relations is the communication, management, and troubleshooting mechanism between the data team and the fund managers.
- Onboarding of new large clients/mandates: Being aware of and explicitly helping in onboarding of new large clients/mandates.
- Liaise with the project management onboarding team, back-office team, data team and QDD to understand what we need to receive from the manager and the order in which we need to receive it.
- Lead all communication with managers regarding new client mandates. Fund relations must explain who Albourne is, the mandate, the onboarding process that we will be going through. Explaining the processes and teams involved in that onboarding, the sequence of events in onboarding, managing the managers expectations of who will be in contact and communicating their responsibilities for delivering what by when.
- Be available as support for managers, when they get stuck/confused and data team can’t resolve through email.
- MoatSpace support and ambassador: Helping troubleshoot fund managers in their understanding and registration of Moatspace. Describe to managers what the reporting portal is, how to use it, how to register, how to think about managing MoatSpace across colleagues and products in a complex fund management organization. Being able to describe the confidentiality, data security, and general structure of the website. Answering any questions managers might have relating to those topics. Encourage usage of platform.
- Work very closely with the research group: Liaising with IDD and ODD analysts regarding a fund manager. Helping them troubleshoot difficult situations. Helping managers understand their obligations in relation to those specific research services. Being aware and sensitive to the work and process of the IDD D&ODD analysts. Being aware and fluent in where we are in our research process with the manager e.g. when did we last meet, who covers the fund etc.
- Helping Albourne execute on our data strategy: Promoting reporting of data in timely fashion. The fund relations role is responsible for maximizing manager usage of MoatSpace and data collection and minimizing restrictions. Encourage managers to be part of our indices, contribute to our questionnaires etc.
- Other related duties:
- Contribute to the development of videos and cheat sheets for training purposes (with internal and external applications)
- Research current market events and recommend fund interview or topic films in coordination with ATV team.
- Maintain HFDB with accurate and timely information including the filing of emails to and from Fund Managers
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on video disclaimers
What We’re Looking For:
- University degree or equivalent
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Abide by policies and procedures as well as the Albourne Group’s policies and procedures
- Attendance at annual company event as requested
- Compliance with the Compliance Manual and other Albourne Policies and procedures
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.