Fundamental Equity Research Analyst
ClearBridge Investments is a leading global equity manager with over $147 billion in assets under management. Our mission is to deliver long-term results through authentic active management. We pursue this goal through a combination of research-driven, fundamental investing and the insights of our veteran portfolio managers, some of whom have been managing the same portfolios for decades. Owned by Franklin Templeton, ClearBridge operates with investment independence from headquarters in New York and offices in Baltimore, London, San Francisco, Sydney and Wilmington.
ClearBridge Investments has been named by Pensions & Investments Magazine (P&I) as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for the eighth year in a row. These awards reflect the Firm's spirit of collaboration, work/life balance and ongoing investment in our employees. The Firm fosters a close-knit work environment that promotes career enhancement and development; most of our portfolio managers began at the firm as analysts. The firm continues to see strong growth in assets, new investment mandates and global awareness, and is looking to expand its talent base to support that growth.
ClearBridge Investments is looking to add additional Equity Research Analysts to its New York based Investment Team. Our research process focuses on using bottom-up fundamental analysis to identify and take advantage of mispriced securities. This requires due diligence on industry and company specific trends, analysis of company reported financials as well as extensive modeling and valuation work. Our Analysts then use this research to make specific company and stock recommendations for the portfolios managed by ClearBridge.
- Perform research across the breadth of equity investments
- Conduct due diligence within a specific sector
- Attend and/or lead meetings with relevant company managements
- Dissect and project company financials; perform valuation analysis
- Synthesize data to generate new investment ideas and/or recommend investment action
- Maintain current views on securities held in portfolios
- Communicate key findings and recommendations to PM teams to help drive firm alpha
- Serve as the expert on designated area of concentration
- Evaluate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4+ years of investment industry experience as a fundamental research analyst, technology or healthcare sectors preferred
- Competency assessing business models
- Exceptional analytical skills and proven ability to dissect financial statements
- Ability to evaluate investment opportunities in a timely fashion and effectively communicate conclusions
- Ability to collaborate as well as work independently
- Buyside experience preferred
- College degree, MBA and/or CFA a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
ClearBridge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit-sharing, paid time off, employee stock purchase plan, parental leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
ClearBridge is an equal opportunity employer. At ClearBridge Investments, diversity is more than a catchphrase. It is an absolute necessity to ensure we thrive in today's global economy. We are committed to promoting our organization's diversity and inclusion to achieve continued growth and success for our clients and employees. ClearBridge fosters an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance, while embracing those characteristics that make each of us unique. We promote a diverse culture through recruitment and retention programs, as well as ongoing training and mentoring. We also encourage diversity in our client relationships, in our industry and in our communities.
All interested candidates should e-mail their resume to email@example.com. Please reference the Toigo Foundaton.