Soros Fund Management LLC is a privately owned investment management firm and the principal investment advisor to George Soros, his Foundations, and some family members. The firm headquarters are in New York and SFM has offices in London, Dublin and Hong Kong. The firm has approximately 230 employees, of which approximately a third are investment professionals directly investing in or overseeing indirect investments in hedge fund and private equity strategies. Total assets under management are approximately $25 billion.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Other Key Relationships: Finance, Operations, Technology, Human Resources, Legal
- Daily monitoring and evaluation of the services provided to the Fund by its third party administrators, including monitoring of the Funds’ fund-of-fund and private equity investments and maintaining relevant accounting records.
- Oversight of third party administrator (Citco) and middle/back office service provider (Viteos), who are responsible for the daily processing and reconciliation of trades and cash, daily reporting of positions and performance, and the calculation of the Funds’ daily and month end NAVs.
- Coordinating with the Funds’ middle and back office third party administrator to ensure accurate reporting throughout the SFM’s platform/systems. Includes monitoring of timely and complete data feeds to/from Viteos and timely escalation and resolution of any issues and P&L differences.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation of various portfolio level performance fees for both internal and external managers, and communication with internal stakeholders of such information.
- Coordinate and oversee the monthly closing process with the fund administrators, including cash and position reconciliations, P&L and position reconciliations to internal records, balance sheet and valuation review and completeness, investor allocations and reporting.
- Coordination and extensive review of the year-end compensation process as it relates to PM level performance fee and fund level incentive allocation. Coordination with management company and HR to integrate the various facets of the process within a tight timeline.
- Coordinate the build out and enhancement of controls and processes between Viteos and internal stakeholders and systems, working closely with Operations, IT and Risk Management.
- Oversight over the financial statement process (including preparation of quarterly annual financial statements of the Fund and various trading subsidiaries and related audits), various monthly and quarterly reporting, as well as numerous ad hoc projects.
- Involvement in high profile projects with accountability to CIO, COO, CFO and other members of senior management. Coordination amongst multiple groups to meet objectives
- Manage a team of 10 Fund Controllers in New York and Dublin
- 10+ years related experience in the investment management business (preferably several years in hedge funds with multi-strategy exposure)
- Currently employed at another asset management (or similar) firm in a senior fund controller role
- Big 4 Public accounting experience and CPA license are required.
- Strong experience in accounting, administration and financial reporting for investment funds.
- Must be highly process oriented and have experience with organizational control environments
- Shows initiative; self-starter; someone who can operate in a fast paced environment
- Strong technological capabilities preferred
In all respects, needs to reflect the following core values:
- Smart risk-taking
- Owner’s Mindset
Please submit your application here