Global Research Analyst-Infrastructure (Transportation)
The Duff & Phelps team brings together a rare mix of skill, experience, education and credentials in a collegial, collaborative environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List in order of importance; include any supervisory or management responsibilities)
- Independently conducts necessary sector and individual security research for applicable product.
- Generates write-ups and valuation models for assigned companies.
- Challenges consensus assumptions with own research findings.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations.
- Actively communicates with senior portfolio manager and other members of Infrastructure team.
- Maintains relationships and proactively communicates with senior management of covered companies and industry contacts.
- Helps support the generation of marketing and board materials.
- Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreements in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Performs other duties as required by senior management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses & skills required)
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of investment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applies expertise and knowledge or in-depth experience of several areas within a function.
- Previous work experience in transportation or infrastructure required.
- Advanced degree (MBA and/or CFA designation) preferred.
- Foreign language proficiency/fluency, cultural knowledge and travel experience preferred.
- Proven ability to have delivered consistently strong performance and judgment in the field.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, establish priorities, work independently, handle interruptions and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, travel globally, attend conferences, and meet with company management.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work).
- Ability to operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Lift 25-30 pounds.