Dept: Hedge Fund Century City, California | Experience: 1-5yrs
Canyon Partners, LLC is a leading global alternative asset manager with over 225 employees. Canyon manages over $27 billion in assets across hedge funds, private equity-style vehicles, and real estate assets. Canyon specializes in value‐oriented, event‐driven, and distressed investments for endowments, foundations, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investors. The firm was founded in 1990 and maintains offices in Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, London, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Canyon has been an SEC registered Investment Adviser since 1994.
• Work in a team-based environment to assist in all aspects of the investment process within Canyon’s hedge fund platforms including research, sourcing, analysis, presentation, execution and monitoring.
• Deep fundamental analysis of opportunities primarily in industrials and auto sectors, and across the capital structure.
• Financial modeling.
• Communication with buy side and sell side industry participants.
• Monitoring and updating the team on existing investments.
• Assistance with investment memoranda and recommendations to senior management.
- Education: 4-year degree required
- Preferred Experience
- 1-5 years of transactional experience from a major investment bank or similar institution, experience on buyside or in credit research preferred. Prior investing experience.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to distill large volumes of information into presentable format.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and corporate finance.
- Solid understanding of capital structure, and as a minimum have familiarity with credit markets.
- Must have interest in the Industrials and Auto sector.