Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner will oversee HR policy, employee relations, performance management, and compensation. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resources and will be based in our Boca Raton, FL or Boston, MA office.
- Provide business leaders and departments informed counsel on HR programs, policies, practices, and strategy across geographies; engage in regular dialogue to solicit actionable feedback; partner with HR centers of expertise to keep HR policies relevant, compelling, and compliant
- Oversees employee relations; conduct investigations for disciplinary matters and make recommendations in conjunction with Legal team
- Drive and elevate talent management including development planning, annual goal setting, semi-annual performance reviews, real time feedback, pulse checks, and talent calibration; partner with managers in framing difficult performance feedback, including drafting and implementation of performance improvement plans
- Oversee promotion process and succession planning; partner with Learning & Development on upskilling and career pathing
- Collaborate with business leaders annual and off-cycle compensation matters; participate in market benchmarking and analysis; ensure applicable job descriptions are kept up to date
- Partner on organizational change efforts
- Advise managers and employees on HR policies, practices, and procedures; maintain up to date knowledge of employment law and regulatory oversight
- Serves as a knowledge leader on core HR areas
- Collaborate on special projects as needed
- Represent the firm with integrity and model firm values and professional standards
- Bachelor’s degree required; SPHR license preferred
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in financial services; investment/asset management experienced preferred
- Experience with Smartsheet and UKG Pro, preferred
- Prior experience with performance management, relationship management, HR strategy development, employment law, and compensation
- Prior people-manager experience, including development of direct and indirect reports
- Significant experience working across matrixed, geographically dispersed teams
- Strong, influential communicator with demonstrated success interacting with key internal and external stakeholders
- Consummate team player who finds common ground and can build strong partnerships and effectively influence others
- Full-time Employee
- Location: Boca Raton, FL or Boston, MA
- Less than 10% travel required
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization required
- COVID vaccine required
- Polen Capital is ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment,) offers competitive health benefits, paid parental leave, and annual individual training budgets
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to levelling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of completing a full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining a medical or religious exemption.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com
Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising approximately $80+ billion in assets as of October 2021 and providing high value-added, quality growth investment strategies to a wide range of institutional and individual clients around the world. Since 1989, the firm has been committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional professionals who are aligned with our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has three autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. The Boca Raton-based Large Company Growth team manages three large company strategies: Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. The Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages three strategies: U.S. Small Company Growth, International Small Company Growth and U.S. SMID Company Growth. The London-based Emerging Markets Growth team manages a Global Emerging Markets Growth strategy.
The firm has been recognized by Pensions & Investments as one of the industry’s “Best Places to Work” in each of the past five years.
- Polen Capital is guided by three Core Values geared toward honoring our commitment to our clients and creating a positive culture and a cordial and productive professional environment for our team: “Do the right thing,” “Do more than expected,” and “Respect the individual”
- Mastery, autonomy, and purpose are key drivers for our people and behaviors
- Polen Capital embraces a growth mindset, strives for continuous learning, communicates via radical candor, and is a Results-Only Work Environment (https://www.gorowe.com/)
- Diversity of thought, unique perspectives and inclusivity are core beliefs at Polen Capital; we view a diverse workforce as essential in fostering a culture of empathy and open-minded collaboration