IBD, Financing Group, Structured Finance, New York – VP/SVP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Structured Finance Group within the Investment Banking Division in New York is looking for a VP with relevant financing or investment banking experience to join the team.
The Structured Credit Financing Group (“SCFG”) works with clients to finance assets, businesses and risks within their overall business. The group offers specialized client coverage, innovative financing solutions, strategic financing, new asset class monetization, multi-sector product and structuring expertise, principal commitments and capital markets insight, complex deal execution and several opportunities for dialogue with thought-leading investors. The group has designed and led several first-of-their-kind, innovative financing transactions such as (but not limited to): wireless spectrum financing, loyalty-backed financings for airlines, cross-border asset-backed financing LBOs, cross-border real estate financing, back-leverage transactions, consumer loan warehouse facilities for early stage Fintech companies, etc.
The desk provides opportunity for interaction with groups across the firm globally, along with a wide exposure to a breadth of activities and deal types.
The VP role in SCFG combines many elements of structuring, credit lending, principal investing and capital markets. VP is expected to not only have expertise in structured credit origination and financing but also have client exposure and solid experience in sourcing new deal flow. VP should have a good understanding of structured finance and leverage finance capital markets and be proactive in thinking through creative financing solutions to address complex client needs. VPs in SCFG are integral members of a small, dynamic and highly talented team and responsible for driving business building and execution of complex, innovative financing deals. VPs will be actively involved in sourcing transactions, creative structuring, managing processes, driving client outreach and engagement, leading junior analysts and associates, leading rating agency and investor dialogue and working closely with different investment banking coverage teams on a variety of projects.
Expertise and Skills:
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate or higher degree and be available to start immediately (subject to any notice period required by their current employer, if applicable)
- Current experience as VP (or equivalent level position) in financing/structuring roles at investment banks or buy-side firms
Preferred Qualifications / Qualities
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in structuring and execution of complex financing transactions (structured finance and/or leverage finance)
- Experience in sourcing and origination of financing transactions
- Good client engagement and communication skills
- Experience working with rating agencies on seminal transactions
- Experience in modeling and financial analysis
- Experience in working on complex transactions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to form independent judgments and move transactions forward
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good presentation / communication skills with ability to effectively interact with groups across divisions (e.g., traders, sales, classic bankers)
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Drive and enthusiasm with a team orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity