IMD, PWM, Business Development Professional (BDP)
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you a self-starter who likes to think outside the box? We are seeking Business Development Professionals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and client service are essential to maintaining and growing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Our Business Development Professionals (BDP) will provide analytical, investment and client service support for existing clients while at the same time developing skills to participate in the team’s new business generation under an apprenticeship model with current Private Wealth Advisors. The ongoing training and apprenticeship is designed to prepare our BDPs for a successful transition into our Private Wealth Advisor role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
• Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients
• Analyze investment portfolios for risk and return characteristics
• Execute portfolio rebalancing and trades
• Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
• Provide client service and team support
• Source new prospective clients through cold outreach
• Serve as team’s client relationship management system expert
• Participate in some of the team’s prospective client meetings and follow up, as appropriate
• Manage new business team meetings and associated action items
• Relay GS Research and ISG market views to Private Wealth Advisors, clients and prospective clients
• Liaise with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Related financial services experience of 3-5 years
• Interest in pursuing a career as a Private Wealth Advisor
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
• Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
• Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of partners across the firm
• Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Series 7 and 66 required (must be obtained within three months of employment); obtaining CFA Charter highly encouraged and will be sponsored in accordance with firm policy
Please reach out to Darrick Oswald (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in this position.