Institutional Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income
The Credit IPM is an integral member of both the U.S. Credit and High Yield portfolio management teams. The role is responsible for ensuring the ongoing alignment of investment process and implementation to client expectations and overall best industry practices. The IPM contributes to ongoing enhancement of investment process and provides inputs into portfolio strategy across the credit and high yield platforms. She/he represents the portfolio teams through direct engagements with clients, prospects, and third parties, providing transparency and understanding of investment philosophy, process and portfolio strategy. The IPM also provides transparency and insight to portfolio teams regarding marketplace trends and the competitive environment. She/he serves as an investment leader with internal MFS stakeholders to shape marketplace narratives and share portfolio strategy, and to assist in executing strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing enhancement of investment process across the U.S. Credit and High Yield platforms to ensure alignment with client expectations and industry best practices. This includes participation in the process of expanding platform capabilities by refining existing investment strategies and developing new ones.
- Partner with portfolio teams and broader organizational stakeholders to assist in the ongoing development of sustainability frameworks within the U.S. Credit and High Yield investment processes, and to provide client and marketplace understanding of fixed income Sustainability philosophy and implementation.
- Provide transparency and insight to investment teams regarding marketplace trends, competitive landscape and all other relevant perspectives.
- Maintain in-depth, detailed understanding of ongoing investment outlook, strategy and portfolio holdings across the U.S Credit and High Yield portfolio platforms.
- Maintain strong partnerships and proactively collaborate with MFS distribution teams to frame and articulate investment narratives, develop investment collateral, publish thought leadership, train distribution teams in messaging, and serve as an SME to promote organizational initiatives; align portfolio process and strategy with broader MFS value proposition.
- Represent the portfolio management teams in direct engagements with clients, prospects, third parties, and the overall marketplace; provide in-depth, highly credible economic, marketplace, investment philosophy, investment process and portfolio strategy transparency. This includes direct participation in prospecting, qualifying and pursuing sales opportunities, onboarding of new clients, and ongoing client service.
- Collaborate directly with Distribution partners to develop business strategy and priorities for U.S. Credit and High Yield capabilities.
- Contribute to overall Fixed Income IPM team strategic priorities and promotion of best practices across the Fixed Income investment platform.
- Minimum 7-10 years direct experience engaging with fixed income investment process and portfolio construction for credit-related strategies. She/he will be seamlessly capable of integrating into portfolio management teams with a strong level of credibility and respect.
- Broad knowledge of fixed income investment markets, global macro economic environments, and important institutional investment management trends.
- Strong written and verbal investment communication skills, with capability to tailor engagement across a spectrum of investment knowledge and experience.
- Deep background in communicating, collaborating and developing credibility with sophisticated institutional constituencies, including clients, prospects, consultants/third-party gatekeepers, and other marketplace participants.
- Demonstrated history for proactively engaging with organizational stakeholders to develop collaborative partnerships and assist in successfully executing strategic priorities.
- Masters or other advanced degree and/or CFA is preferred.
Please use the following link to apply: https://mfs.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/MFS-Careers/job/Boston/Institutional-Portfolio-Manager--Fixed-Income_MFS-210166-1