Insurance Solutions Associate Client Advisor
The Insurance Solutions Associate Client Advisor will work closely with a specialized team of insurance asset management sales professionals (3 senior, 1 junior) to support our asset management sales and advisory efforts with US and non-US insurance companies. This person will work closely with the entire value chain of business partners (investment, client service, marketing, consultant coverage, RFP and operational teams) to accomplish our business growth objectives.
- Provide support to all senior members of the Insurance Solutions team to cover marketing and distribution of Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives, and Solution driven strategies. The chosen candidate will be a vital component for both retaining and bringing in new sales in these areas.
- Maintain and partner with the Sales team to help support the expansion of existing client relationships with new strategies.
- Be responsible for client, industry, and market research.
- Identify and cultivate prospects and/or clients and will identify new business opportunities.
Who is our ideal candidate?
A dynamic, extroverted, self-starter, entrepreneurial, passionate, and enthusiastic individual with broad institutional financial services/asset management experience, good relationship management, sales and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong desire to develop knowledge in one of the fastest growing areas of the asset management business.
- Master’s degree or undergraduate degree with 2+ years of work experience preferred within the (institutional) asset management industry and preferably at a multi-strategy firm
- Engineering degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex investment/product concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective teamwork skills
- Excellent awareness of interdepartmental relationships
- Strong project management, organizing, planning, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and a background in creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment without compromising accuracy and quality of output
- Strong sense of ownership of projects and tasks
- Openness to new ideas and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Specialist knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income and Solutions is preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- License Series 7 and 63 are not a prerequisite, but are required within 90 days of filling the position
- CFA or having passed CFA Level 1 is a plus. CFA Charter is expected to be pursued in the first year if the selected candidate has not started the process
- Financial/Asset Management educational support will be provided where necessary
- Foreign language proficiency in Japanese or German is a plus
- Location New York or Atlanta. Willingness to travel, as needed
Voya is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. Voya has been recognized for many of our diversity practices.