Intermediate or Senior Investment Analyst
To apply, please submit your resume by April 30, 2021 to: Treasury.Resumes@tn.gov
The Tennessee Department of Treasury impacts the lives of Tennesseans every day. Treasury is responsible for many of the financial operations of state government, including managing more than $60 billion in assets through its various investment programs. We administer the State’s Retirement Program, RetireReadyTN, which combines the state pension plan, Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, and the State’s Deferred Compensation plan. Treasury serves all Tennesseans by helping to educate and empower individuals to make informed financial choices, and by providing public-serving programs in the areas of college savings, financial literacy, unclaimed property, criminal injuries compensation, and more.
Tennessee Department of Treasury Investment Division is seeking an Intermediate or Senior Investment Analyst to support the public equity program within the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS). This position offers a stimulating and rewarding opportunity to work with a talented team of investment professionals in a creative environment.
This position will be responsible for assisting the portfolio managers with the discovery, research, and evaluation of companies for inclusion in a sector portfolio. This process will include industry analysis, earnings models, and statistical analysis. In addition to the TCRS portfolio, this position may participate in the management of other portfolios under the direction of the Treasurer.
- Research and analysis of economic data, industries, and stocks
- Model building and statistical analysis
- Conducting ad hoc quantitative projects for the sector portfolio
- Contributing to broader equity portfolio discussions
- Contributing investment ideas to portfolio managers
- Contributing to the management of TCRS and other Treasury portfolios
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- Minimum three years of relevant experience, and some qualifying work toward either the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, a post-bachelor program in a relevant field, or an MBA
- High standards of professional ethics
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral, written, and facilitation)
- High Analytical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Project Development and Presentation Skills
- Detail Oriented and Inquisitive
- Negotiation and Conflict Management skills
- Solid Organizational skills including Attention to Detail and Multitasking skills
Compensation is designed to attract the best-qualified applicants and includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Health insurance, 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans, paid vacation, sick leave and other benefits are also provided. Employees hired will participate in a hybrid retirement plan consisting of a participatory defined benefit plan combined with a defined contribution plan which has a matched component. Employees are covered by FICA, but Tennessee does not have an income tax on wages.
Finalists for this position will be expected to agree to, and provide information for, a comprehensive background check.
The State of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
View other career opportunities at Treasury.