TITLE: Intern, Development
REPORTS TO: Senior Associate, Development
Assists with coordination of design, financing and development of Grubb Properties multi-family development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists team in the selection of sites for multifamily development to include market analysis and test fits.
- Helping coordination of the design process including unit mix, core factor, amenity space, and exterior building materials.
- Participate in the preparation of pro forma financial models and analysis in Excel and/or Technosun software for real estate development opportunities.
- Gathering and analyzing market information including sales and rent comparables, replacement costs, supply/demand fundamentals, capitalization rates, and other underwriting assumptions.
- Assisting in the preparation of real estate transaction presentations, packages, and analyses for the transaction team, the internal investment committee, investors, partners and lenders.
- Helping with due diligence for new development opportunities, including obtaining third-party reports, performing rent and expense analyses and market comparable studies, and reviewing any due diligence materials received from the seller.
- Assisting with the coordination of entitlement processes; helping team with coordination of meeting with municipality officials and conducting community outreach.
- Assisting in the coordination of services of project management, property management, and accounting to successfully integrate the assets with the existing portfolio, including providing those teams with appropriate information and documentation and preparing asset business plans and strategies.
- Supporting transaction closings, including coordinating legal document preparation and execution, reviewing closing statements, and coordinating closing funds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Rising Junior or Senior OR rising second year MBA student in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or related major preferred
- Interest in Real Estate required
- Proficient with Excel and financial modeling.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills with an ability to understand how the parts fit into the larger picture.
- Exceptional oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-orientation, excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- Positive attitude, integrity and reliability.
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a focus on task management and completion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple concurrent large-scale projects.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting under moderate supervision.
- Will use repetitive motion of hands and wrists in using computer.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
- Occasionally travels to off-site meetings and/or development/acquisition sites.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.