International Investment Analyst
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate fundamental research to assess value and identify investment opportunities and discuss findings, position ideas and articulate the risk and potential return of recommendations to the international investment team.
- Utilize a rigorous and thorough investigative process involving company visits, industry contacts, financial analysis, and other appropriate research analysis. Interact with company management teams and develop contacts to further industry knowledge.
- Analyze financial information relating to specific companies to determine how an organization is positioned and develop detailed financial models to refine valuations and feed into our research database.
- Conduct industry and company competitive analysis to determine the sustainability of returns and assess reasonableness using industry comparables.
- Monitor fundamental targets for current and prospective holdings on a regular basis and in response to changing market conditions, company events and industry news.
- Proactively develop and articulate recommendations for new investment ideas to add value to investment portfolios.
- Develop and maintain research tools including models, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed and assigned. Projects will include due diligence related research, statistical analysis, and industry level analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering.
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively research and summarize information, and communicate persuasive recommendations is required.
- Proven logical thinker and prior experience with financial modeling and analysis.
- Excellent intuitive math skills with a systemized and probabilistic way of thinking.
- Excellent presence, communication (oral and written), presentation, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate an investment thesis, offer different perspectives and receptive to feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently within a collegial structure.
- Enjoys asking questions, expressing opinions and being actively engaged in internal discussions regarding investment strategy and recommendations.
- Passion for value investing combined with a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to individual development.
- Possess a high level of self-initiative and comfortable taking educated risks.
- Flexible, responsive, a keen attention to detail, inquisitive nature, and driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process.
- Team-oriented and a willingness to learn from a group of experienced and proven investment professionals.
- Excellent PC skills using MS Office (Excel, Word), Bloomberg, or other financial services systems.
- Ability to make effective, well-informed decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement:
Harris Associates L.P. pursues a policy of equal opportunity in all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, advancement and treatment on the job. This means that Harris does not discriminate against employees, or qualified applicants, on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, trans-gender status, transsexual status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, genetic information or for any other reason prohibited by law. Harris reserves the right to review publicly available information about applicants (i.e., via social networking sites), to the extent permissible under applicable law.
To apply, please click here: International Investment Analyst