Investment Advisory – Office Analyst – DC
Please apply on our Careers site at: https://hfflp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ushfflpcareers/job/Washington-DC/Investment-Advisory---Office-Analyst---DC_REQ-2019-269
This position is focused on the underwriting associated with the sale of commercial real estate assets as well as the procurement of new business. Investment Advisory Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, preparation of offering memorandums and RFPs, market research, and property tours. The Analyst will work in a high-energy, demanding, team-focused environment.
• Prepare investment advisory offer memorandums and requests for proposals (RFP's) for commercial real estate transactions, including research and financial modeling.
• Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilization of market and HFF data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
• Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the Producers and other team mates.
• Must be technically proficient in the use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
• Must understand and conduct detailed review of real estate documents (leases, loan documents, financial statements, third party reports, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
• Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions, and review new client leads.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 0-3 years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
• Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
• Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
• Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Argus experience a plus.
• Data base experience a plus.
• Office - work with computers, copiers, and scanners.