About Aether Investment Partners, LLC
Aether Investment Partners, LLC (“Aether”) is a boutique investment management firm formed to offer private equity funds focused exclusively on real assets and related sectors. Aether focuses primarily on private investments in natural resources, including energy, mining and agriculture.
Aether embraces an entrepreneurial culture and employs a focused business model. Aether believes these elements of its business create close alignment with its clients, attract talented professionals, and lead to superior investment results. Aether’s unique model is designed to foster long-term partnerships with clients, investment managers, and other stakeholders operating across the broad spectrum of real assets.
Aether seeks to hire a full-time Investment Analyst. The selected candidate will work most closely with Aether’s investment team, but will interact with all members of the organization.
Responsibilities will cover a wide range of activities, which may include the following: assisting in the investment research and due diligence process, participating in frequent internal and external investment-related meetings, reviewing prospective investment due diligence materials, documenting prospective investment proposals, monitoring existing investments including the review of quarterly reporting materials, preparing quarterly client reports and expanding Aether’s professional network across all real assets sectors. The selected Investment Analyst will also play a role in developing and maintaining Aether’s proprietary investment research database.
All employees of Aether sit together in an open floor plan offering Investment Analysts exposure to every area of the business. Any employment offer made by Aether may be subject to background checks. Applicants may also be asked to supply personal and professional references, and/or writing samples.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Graduating senior with a degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related field. Select consideration may be given to prior graduates with less than two years’ worth of experience
- Internship experience in finance/investments or a related sector preferred
- Basic understanding of and familiarity with finance-related concepts such as NPV, IRR, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills and history of academic success
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well in all forms (oral, written, presentation, etc.)
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Careful attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
- Strong typing skills required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel
- While not required, previous experience with CRM database systems is valued
The above skills may be verified through the course of the interview process.
The ideal start date for the selected Investment Analyst is the summer of 2020, following graduation. The Investment Analyst will be based in Denver, Colorado. Minimal travel will be required the first year but travel requirements may increase significantly in subsequent years, including international travel.
Competitive salary, bonus, and benefits
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter explaining why the position is of interest and how their specific experience equips them for the position. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Tom Secker or Eric Gorman.