About Aether Investment Partners, LLC
Aether Investment Partners, LLC (“Aether”) is a boutique investment management firm formed to offer private equity funds focused exclusively on real assets and related sectors. Aether focuses primarily on private investments in natural resources and infrastructure.
Aether embraces an entrepreneurial culture and employs a focused business model. We believe these elements of our business create close alignment with our clients, attract talented professionals and lead to attractive investment opportunities. Our model is designed to foster long-term partnerships with clients, investment partners and other stakeholders.
Aether seeks to hire a full-time Investment Analyst. The selected candidate will work most closely with Aether’s investment team but will interact with all members of the organization.
Responsibilities will cover a wide range of activities, which may include the following: assisting in the investment research and due diligence process, participating in frequent internal and external investment-related meetings, reviewing prospective investment due diligence materials, documenting prospective investment proposals, monitoring existing investments including the review of quarterly reporting materials, and preparing quarterly client reports. The selected Investment Analyst will also play a role in maintaining Aether’s proprietary investment research database.
All employees of Aether sit together in an open floor plan offering Investment Analysts exposure to every area of the business. Remote work is permitted on Fridays and the first and third Wednesday of every month. Employees are expected to work in the office during all other working weekdays.
Any employment offer made by Aether may be subject to background checks. Applicants may also be asked to supply personal and professional references, and/or writing samples.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
1. Graduating senior or recent graduate with a degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related field.
2. Internship experience in finance/investments or a related sector preferred
3. Basic understanding of and familiarity with finance-related concepts such as NPV, IRR, etc.
4. Exceptional analytical skills and history of academic success
5. Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well in all forms (oral, written, presentation, etc.)
6. Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn new tasks quickly
7. Careful attention to detail
8. Outgoing personality
9. Strong typing skills required
10. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel
11. While not required, previous experience with CRM database systems is valued
The above skills may be verified through the course of the interview process.
Ideally, the selected Investment Analyst candidate would start as soon as possible, but the timing is flexible. The Investment Analyst will be based in Denver, Colorado. Minimal travel may be required during the first year; however, travel requirements may increase in subsequent years.
Annual salary of approximately $65,000 plus an annual discretionary bonus. Aether also offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, parking, and the ability to participate in an employer-sponsored 401k plan.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter explaining why the position is of interest and how their specific experience equips them for the position. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to Alex Williams and/or Alex Hechtner.