MOSERS investment program is responsible for managing a $8.4 billion portfolio held in trust for the payment of pension benefits to members. MOSERS portfolio has a sophisticated asset allocation utilizing explicit leverage of up to 150% at the total fund level. Visit the Investments page on our website for more information regarding MOSERS investment program. MOSERS offers competitive pay, and base pay is just one part of the total compensation we offer to new employees. Click here to learn more about our valuable benefits package.
What You’ll Do
This position is an entry level/early investment career opportunity to join an experienced investment team that implements one of the most forward thinking pension portfolios in the country. Over time, this position will gain exposure to the investing and operating sides of all asset classes/strategies in the portfolio.
How You'll Spend Your Time
- Performing standard and complex analysis of data. Analyzing portfolio holdings, monitoring investment portfolio performance, and analyzing related information.
- Learning to read, understand, and contribute to legal documents and account paperwork reviews with increasing understanding and contribution.
- Assisting with gathering, reconciling, and reporting information used in overseeing external manager relationships. Including daily monitoring of assigned managers and attending due diligence meetings and writing reports to document current thoughts about each manager.
- Assisting in gathering data and analyzing investment risk, market information and detailed operational matters.
- Assisting in documenting the manager hiring and termination process for assigned assets to comply with MOSERS governance policies.
- Assisting in asset class meetings to inform the group about current market conditions, current positioning, manager performance, compliance and ad hoc research projects.
- Producing research on markets and sub-class allocation for use in asset allocation decisions.
- Assisting in identifying and monitoring strategic value-added investment opportunities.
- Tracking external research sources to provide useful insight into markets.
- Working with the internal risk team, investment managers, and software vendors to ensure the quality of the data in the risk measurement and custodian systems.
- Developing and running reports in investment statistical software systems for use by the team in the investment decision making process.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or closely related field. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 2 years institutional investment analyst experience preferred.
- Experience working with multiple asset classes is preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or progress towards the designation is preferred.
- Requires ability to interpret statistical data and investment markets.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills are preferred.
- Strong computer skills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and high degree of ethics.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with MOSERS staff, members, outside vendors, and other contacts.
- Dedication to the task at hand and strive to exceed expectations.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Access to world class money managers
- Our balanced investment approach between performance and risk
- MOSERS commitment to funding your CFA, CAIA, or other professional designation or educational degree.
- Knowing you are working to provide financial security for our members
- Our Team – Our staff consistently ranks “co-workers” at the top of their lists of things they love about MOSERS in our Employee Satisfaction and Engagement Surveys
- Our Culture – Our staff also ranks our leadership and our “team” culture highly on our surveys.
If this job sounds like a fit for you, we look forward to reviewing your resume! To ensure consideration apply at www.mosers.org/careers by Monday, January 30 but the position will remain open until filled. EOE: M/F/V/D.