Investment Analyst–Global Equities
Who we are:
ABS Global Investments is a global investment firm, specializing in fundamental equity strategies. We build equity portfolios utilizing active specialists around the world, with a primary objective of delivering investment solutions with compelling risk-adjusted returns.
Our clients comprise a broad array of sophisticated investors from around the world including Pension Plans (Public, Corporate and Taft Hartley), Endowments, Foundations, Insurance Companies and High Net Worth Individuals. ABS offers both commingled and customized products to help meet the changing needs of our clients.
Role description and opportunities:
We are looking for someone to join our investment team as a Qualitative Research Analyst. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and possesses strong analytical and communication skills with an active interest in investing and the capital markets. This individual will be responsible for supporting the investment team in identifying, researching, and recommending new investment ideas as well as monitoring current investments. Additionally, our small, flat team structure provides ample opportunities to work closely with other teams across the firm and to take lead on ad-hoc research projects, reports, presentations, etc. as they arise.
This position will be based in our headquarters in Greenwich, CT. Occasional travel may be necessary in the future.
Qualitative Research Analyst responsibilities include:
- Support investment team in sourcing, screening, and analyzing prospective investment managers across developed markets, focusing on equity long/short hedge funds and equity long-only strategies
- Perform in-depth diligence of potential investments including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions, performance, and investment structuring
- Monitor existing investments across a range of metrics including performance attribution, team/process consistency, portfolio fit, and style drift
- Participate in meetings with investment managers and attend conferences and industry events
- Stay current on the prevailing market environment and important investment trends, and how those trends impact current or potential investments
- Create, update, and manage presentations for both internal and external distribution
- Perform ad-hoc research projects and assist with data requests
- Update and maintain data and research notes within ABS’ internal proprietary research platform
- Work closely with the quantitative research, operational due diligence, and internal operations and accounting teams to recommend and execute new investments
Investment Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic success
- 1 to 4 years of experience in institutional investment management, investment banking, finance, economics, or related sectors preferred
- Strong work ethic and discipline, organizational skills, and an acute attention to detail
- Ability to independently set goals, prioritize tasks, and manage simultaneous projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite, with experience using Bloomberg a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Enthusiasm for being part of a small team where you can make an immediate impact
- Unquestionable ethical standards and the highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, honesty, and personal responsibility
- Interest or existing progress in pursuing the CFA and/or CAIA designation