Investment Analyst, Materials
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Investment Analyst: Materials
Perform fundamental analysis of the Materials sector to identify the key trends and the best-positioned companies. Conducts interviews of company personnel on all levels, their competitors, suppliers, etc., as well as industry experts and Wall Street analysts; and communicates recommendations within the firm.
1. Conducts primary research on companies and industry by researching, reading financial statements & market data, interviewing management team meetings and visiting companies in order to gain a deep understanding companies within the sector. This due diligence will help support an Analyst’s recommendations for buying/selling specific stocks.
2. Makes recommendations to Portfolio Managers to buy/sell specific stocks that the Analyst feels will positively impact the performance of the portfolio. This requires good judgment on the part of the Analyst.
3. Positions ideas and convinces Portfolio Managers to act on a recommendation to buy/sell a stock. This requires the Analyst to articulate to the Portfolio Manager the risk/reward payoff of the recommendation.
4. Effectively follows up with the Portfolio Manager once they have executed on a recommendation made by the Analyst. This requires the Analyst to provide constant feedback on all meaningful changes in the “story” of the stock to the Portfolio Manager to ensure they have adequate information to make future decisions on the stock.
- At least 3-5 years of experience investing in Materials or other capital intensive and commodity oriented sectors
- Ability to evaluate and cover both public and private companies preferred
- Academic excellence
- Passion for investing
- Level of maturity and judgment which gives confidence in stressful situations
- Competitive nature
- Strong interest in stocks
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong writing skills
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.