RVK is an independently owned, national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, and New York, NY. We provide unbiased investment consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients, including corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, and other special purpose funds. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of investment consulting professionals. RVK is one of the five largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by Pensions & Investments, and is the only firm to be named a Coalition Greenwich Quality Leader among large U.S. investment consultants for a fourth consecutive year.* RVK ranked first (or tied for first) in 11 of the 14 key metrics evaluated in the survey.
The Investment Associate works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of good business sense and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities. Investment Associate responsibilities include the daily administration and management of a number of client relationships.
This position in located in RVK’s Chicago office; however, the candidate will work in close contact with colleagues from all offices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a variety of special projects at the request of the lead consultant. Typical projects may include: asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income investment manager structure analyses, investment policy revisions, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, preparation of supporting analytics for OCIO provider searches.
- Interface with other colleagues, including Investment Analysts, Consultants, and Associate Consultants, in preparing materials for our consulting clients.
- Execute client deliverables to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Write, edit, and proofread client communications and training materials for clients with regard to various investment topics.
- Assist consulting team with defining key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- Review monthly and quarterly performance deliverables as needed.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Assist in business development efforts and participate in RFP responses as needed.
- Minimum of one (1) year of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, private equity, or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy.
- Strong work ethic – able to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary evening and weekend time).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration or CFA designation or progress toward designation is strongly encouraged
- Genuine desire to work hard and progress in the investment consulting profession.
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Proven project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proven self-starter – able to work and think independently.
- Adaptable to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and Evestment Alliance is a plus.
RVK offers a competitive benefits package to full-time regular employees including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) retirement plan, pretax medical flexible-spending, dependent care, transportation with subsidy after one year of service, tuition reimbursement to enhance career development, and a generous paid-time-off program. Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
To learn more about our company, please visit us at https://www.rvkinc.com/. If you enjoy working collaboratively with others and consider yourself to be a creative thinker, then contact us today! For immediate consideration, please apply through our company website by clicking on Career Opportunities on the home page.
You will need to submit a cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities meet the qualifications and a copy of your résumé. We request you submit your materials in a PDF format.
We receive a significant volume of applicants and cannot respond to each applicant individually. We review all applications and will contact only those candidates whose skills, experience, and qualifications meet our requirements for the position. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application. No phone calls, faxes, or temporary staffing agencies, please.
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
*Between July and October 2020, Coalition Greenwich (formerly known as Greenwich Associates) conducted in-person and phone interviews and online surveys with 856 individuals at 704 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the US–including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations, insurance general accounts, and healthcare organizations, with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. . To read the Greenwich article, please click here.