RVK is an independently owned, national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, and New York, NY. We provide unbiased investment consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients, including corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, and other special purpose funds. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of investment consulting professionals. RVK is one of the ten largest investment consulting firms in the world, as reported by Pensions & Investments, and is the only firm to be named a Greenwich Quality Leader among large U.S. investment consultants for a third consecutive year.*
The Investment Associate works closely with the consulting team to provide research, portfolio analysis, and investment advice to our clients. This position requires a unique combination of good business sense, working investment acumen, and proven qualitative and quantitative abilities. The location of the position is in RVK’s New York office.
This is a hands-on job with a possible upward trajectory to client consulting assignments for top performers. There is an expectation that you will be actively involved in all aspects of client service and help plan and execute client deliverables. The duties are multi-faceted and require the ability to communicate effectively, both internally and externally. The Investment Associate must successfully manage time, identify tasks, determine priorities, and complete deliverables to company standards and deadlines.
- Complete a variety of special projects at the request of the consulting team. Typical projects include: asset allocation studies, domestic/international equity and fixed income manager style analyses, investment policy revisions, education presentations, portfolio rebalancing, letters of instruction, etc.
- Execute client deliverables to high standards of quality and accuracy.
- Possess and work on developing further general knowledge of recommended investment management firms, products, and strategies.
- Interface with other colleagues, including Investment Analysts, Consultants, Associate Consultants, and Investment Manager Research in preparing materials for our consulting clients.
- Provide day-to-day client service in support of the lead Consultant.
- Write, edit, and proofread client communications and training materials for clients with regard to various investment topics.
- Assist consulting team with defining key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations and information to clients.
- At the request and approval of the lead Consultant, attend meetings and present special projects and/or performance reports to clients.
- Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research.
- Review performance measurement client deliverables to assist in quality control and meeting client performance reporting product expectations.
- Assist in business development efforts as needed and from time to time participate in RFP responses.
- Minimum of two (2) years of industry experience in investment consulting, management consulting, internal corporate consulting, asset management, banking, or working with a plan sponsor directing, implementing and coordinating investment strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday with client deadlines that may require up to 50-60 hours/week, (including when necessary evening and weekend time).
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment consulting principles, investment strategies, policies and regulations applicable to the investment consulting industry.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal RVK staff and work in a collegial team environment.
- Genuine desire to work hard and progress in the investment consulting profession.
- Proven project management and organizational skills – ability to handle multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Well-versed in quantitative analytical techniques – ability to build quantitative models and interpret results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail.
- Proven self-starter – able to work and think independently.
- Adaptability to change while striving to improve processes and efficiencies.
- Flexible and open to new ideas within an ever-changing, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of software and business applications – proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Knowledge of MPI Stylus, Morningstar, Bloomberg, and eVestment Alliance is a plus.
- CFA designation or progress toward designation is encouraged.
Interested candidates must submit their information through the company web site at www.rvkinc.com and select Career Opportunities.
Submit a cover letter detailing how your work and/or academic experience meet the job requirements. Only those candidates whose qualifications meet the job requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls or faxes. No staffing agencies please.
RVK offers compensation commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, pre-tax flexible spending, dependent care and transportation benefits, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement (once eligible and with manager approval), and a generous Paid-Time-Off Program (PTO). Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. As an EEO employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
*Between July and October 2019, Greenwich Associates conducted interviews with 1,100 individuals at 896 of the largest tax-exempt funds in the United States, including corporate and union funds, public funds, endowments and foundations with either pension or investment pool assets greater than $150 million. Study participants were asked to provide quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their asset managers and investment consultants, including qualitative assessments of those firms soliciting their business and detailed information on important market trends. RVK is one of three firms recognized in the large investment consultant category. The ratings may not be representative of any one client’s experience with RVK; rather they are representative of those clients submitted and that chose to participate in the survey. The results are not indicative of RVK’s future performance. To read the Greenwich article, please click here.