The Investment Associate assigned to this position will be responsible for assisting and advising the fixed income portfolio management teams (Multi-Sector, Investment Grade, and High Yield) based in both Durham and Boston. The role will support Portfolio Construction through the creation, implementation and application of tools and processes that leverage Investment Team resources with a goal of maximizing efficiency and uniformity. The individual will assist with the day-to-day portfolio monitoring, coordinate and facilitate trade order entry and other daily tasks to assist with the efficient functioning of the investment teams.
Portfolio Management Tasks
- Be aware of portfolio investment guidelines, themes and individual position exposures (Multi-Sector, IG, and HY)
- Monitor exposures across portfolios relative to target exposures and recommend portfolio adjustments
- Coordinate and stage trade allocations (new security/issue) and orders (secondary and existing positions)
- Monitor daily fund flows and portfolio cash balances across currencies
- Build strong working knowledge of Amundi’s internal and external portfolio management, performance and risk systems.
- Work with traders and compliance to ensure new bond issuances are ERISA eligible
- Assist with corporate action elections and monitor ERISA guidelines
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of model investment portfolios
- Proactively streamline, augment and develop tools to improve investment process
- Assist with ad hoc requests from Institutional, Marketing, and Investment groups
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Possession or demonstrated work towards an MBA and/or CFA designation preferable.
- Experience with programming and advanced database skills required
- Experience working with Alto, Bloomberg PORT, or other financial software packages is preferred.
- Experience in the Corporate bond market and understanding bond analytics preferred
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to in depth analysis with extreme attention to details and precision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills are a critical factor of success for the position
- Ability to collaborate with all members of the investment management staff
- Ability to communicate across all areas of the organization including sales, marketing, compliance, trading and operations