Investment Associate / Senior Analyst
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst/Associate to join its Global Partner Solutions group in New York. LaSalle GPS is the indirect real estate division of the firm, with $6.8 billion of assets under management including fund-of-funds, joint ventures, co-investments and secondaries across all major and select niche asset classes (office, industrial, multifamily, retail, healthcare, etc.), geographies (domestic US and international), risk profiles (core, value-add and opportunistic), and the capital stack (equity and debt).
The role will be focused on analyzing and executing private equity real estate investment opportunities across the fund-of-funds and co-investment businesses, as well as active asset management and monitoring of closed/ ongoing investments. Further responsibilities include portfolio management, client reporting and supporting the team's strategic initiatives. LaSalle GPS is a global business and while the Associate will be working primarily on investment opportunities across North America, the role would require close collaboration with colleagues around the globe.
- Assist in the underwriting of unlisted real estate funds, co-investments, and joint ventures in the Americas (primarily the US and Canada). This entails bottom up real estate analysis of all property types and top down economic analysis of the markets.
- Analyze fund managers’ and operating partners’ track record, firm profile, and capabilities
- Perform complex financial analyses, build Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, including fund and property cash flow projections, and conduct sensitivity analyses and stress testing
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations and related analyses
- Closely monitor fund-level, property-level and portfolio-level investment performance; draft reports summarizing the performance and prepare quarterly reforecasts
- Assist with client reporting, investor communications and presentation preparation
- Manage the due diligence process and coordinate the execution of investment opportunities with internal/ external legal and tax advisors.
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in real estate, finance, economics preferred
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- CFA or advancement towards designation preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of full-time professional experience in making direct or indirect real estate investments, real estate asset management and/or real estate focused investment advisory/ consulting.
- Excellent understanding of the real estate and broader investment markets
- Understanding of financial and accounting theory and practice, corporate finance, capital markets and investment structures
- Excellent financial modeling skills, including proficient use of Excel and Argus
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills with the ability to independently analyze ideas and proposals, draft investment memoranda and present to investment committees.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude, who approaches new projects, tasks and ideas with motivation, curiosity and flexibility.
- Ability to manage competing and often unanticipated deadlines
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
- Available for immediate start date
Apply: Here or use the link below:
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.