The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is the nation’s largest public pension fund in providing retirement and health benefits to public employees, retirees, and their families and employers. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, we are a destination employer within Northern California. CalPERS is family friendly and situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations. CalPERS offers benefit packages, competitive salary, and opportunities for advancement. Join an organization with an international reputation for leadership and innovation. If you are interested in becoming part of a diverse and inclusive workforce where talent, experience, and expertise are valued, CalPERS invites you to apply for this employment opportunity. To take a look at CalPERS as a destination employer click here.
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $378.44 billion as of August 31, 2019. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. Click here to see what it’s like to work in the CalPERS Investment Office.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. To take a look at CalPERS as a destination employer click here.
Job Description and Duties:
Completing the Supplemental Questions is mandatory to be considered for this position. Please scroll down to Special Requirements for further instruction.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Purchase and sell complex mortgage securities such as agency and non-agency pass throughs, agency and non-agency Collateralized Mortgage Obligations (CMOs), Home Equity Loans, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities, Hybrid Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs), credit mortgages, and Asset-Backed Securities.
• Function as a leading member in the Global Fixed Income senior team that determines the asset allocation for the global fixed income unit. Deliver weekly updates on mortgage market supply and demand issues and attractiveness of the sector which includes discussions on the driving factors of the market like the volatility and swaps market, and comments regarding curve outlooks.
• Responsible for the management of the CalPERS structured securities staff, developing and mentoring staff, reviewing group and individual analysis process, models and examining and understanding the basis of staff recommendations and assisting and critiquing staff presentations. Communicate regularly and effectively with the Managing Investment Director and peer Investment Directors.
• Experience managing a team of investment professionals.
• Experience presenting investment topics to senior management.
• Quantitatively oriented and comfortable analyzing and reporting on large amounts of data.
• MBA and/or CFA designation.
• A comfort and appreciation for operating in a team and consensus driven environment is a key aspect underlying success in the CalPERS environment.
• A high degree of initiative, professionalism, confidentiality, and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions that may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.