Investment Director, Capital Markets Research
We are a leading global investment firm and aim to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. Working alongside its early clients, Cambridge Associates pioneered the strategy of high-equity orientation and broad diversification, which since its inception in the 1980s has been a primary driver of performance for institutional investors. Today, we deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates. Cambridge Associates maintains offices in major financial centers across the globe, with headquarters in Boston, MA.
Working with some of the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors, we bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve, and select our colleagues with great attention to their potential to become a valuable member of a collaborative, intelligent and hard-working team.
Cambridge Associates’ Global Investment Research team comprises more than 150 investment professionals globally who are responsible for market analysis, asset allocation guidance, and investment manager due diligence. This position is on the Capital Markets Research team, which is charged with identifying risks, trends, and opportunities in global investment markets. Capital Markets Research Investment Directors analyze markets and communicate our views both orally and in writing to our clients. Investment Directors will be expected to write regularly, contribute unique views, and help refine the way we view markets. This position is open to our Boston, Dallas, or Arlington VA office.
- Author research publications. The candidate will be expected to publish 10-15 pieces per year on capital market developments, asset classes, or asset allocation topics. Our publication types include blogs, one-page quick responses, multi-page chart books, and 10-page research reports.
- Serve as an asset class expert. The candidate will specialize on a select number of asset classes and serve as a resource on them to our Tactical Asset Allocation Committee, colleagues that serve clients directly and, in time, clients themselves.
- Help improve the way we view markets. The candidate will be passionate about markets and possess an insatiable curiosity for understanding what drives asset performance. S/he will use this passion to help the team continue to improve analytics and develop new ones.
- Develop internal and external networks. The candidate will serve as an ambassador of our team to our colleagues and, in time, our clients. A developed network will help our team better share our views, influence our colleagues and clients, and understand needs.
- Work closely with teammates. Our ~20-person consists of people at various points in their career. The candidate will be open to feedback from more senior colleagues and serve as a mentor to more junior colleagues. Our team thrives on kindness, collaboration, and boldness, and the candidate will be expected to maintain that culture.
- BA/BS required. MBA or CFA strongly preferred.
- A knowledge of and fascination with global investment markets.
- Excellent writing skills and a passionate dedication to writing well. Strong candidates will be asked to complete a writing exercise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently while also contributing to the success of the team.
- Knowledge of statistics or programming languages, such as R or Python, preferred but not required.
Want to learn more?
Click HERE to learn more about how Cambridge Associates lives our firm values every day. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/firm-values/)
Click HERE to learn more about Cambridge Associates invests in diversity and inclusion. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/diversity-inclusion/)
Click HERE to learn more about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility/)