Investment Grade Credit Analyst
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Investment Grade Credit Analyst will be responsible for the credit coverage of several major sectors and multiple individual company positions. The individual will research new issues and existing investment grade bonds as well as monitor the performance of existing portfolio holdings.
Conduct independent, fundamental credit research. Analyze and explain economic, competitive, sector and political drivers that impact a borrower’s ability to repay its debt. Develop well-researched short and long-term perspectives, resulting in the assignment of TRP bond ratings, conviction ratings, outlooks and investment recommendations. Create historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial metrics to differentiate improving from deteriorating credits. Make buy, hold or sell investment recommendations incorporating the fundamental credit outlook. Interact with management teams, other credit analysts, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including Fixed Income, Equity and Responsible Investing analysts. Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop long term, well-researched investment theses on sectors and issuers. Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, traders, other TRP analysts, credit and advisory committees and external clients. Work within often tight time constraints to discuss recommendations first-hand with Portfolio Managers based globally. Produce and communicate regular forecasts of bond performance in selected credits. Also develop and apply relative value metrics, seeking investments that generate above-average returns without excessive risk. Consider investments from a global opportunity set, including across different currencies.
- Experience understanding and evaluating company creditworthiness.
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge.
- Experience with financial statement modelling and analysis.
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process. Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty.
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities, supporting one’s ideas to questioning by Portfolio Managers and other analysts.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-starter who initiates and maintains active communication, especially with peers in other locations.
- Three – five years of investment grade credit experience
- Previous coverage of the Insurance Sector (not required)
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly via T. Rowe Price | Careers: Investment-Grade-Credit-Analyst_64270