CommonSpirit Health is hiring two managers (one focused on absolute return Hedge Funds, one on Private Equity). Please apply via the links below:
Absolute Return Hedge Funds: https://www.commonspirit.careers/job/san-francisco/investment-manager/35300/25836778816?
CommonSpirit was created by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health as a single ministry in early 2019. More than 150,000 physicians, nurses, caregivers, and other staff are employed by CommonSpirit. Our hospitals and care centers cover 21 states. CommonSpirit has the size and ability to scale best-in-class clinical service lines; recruit and retain top talent; standardize operations to improve quality and reduce the cost of care; and advocate more effectively for all people, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The CommonSpirit Health investment program allocates capital across a broad range of asset classes and mandates, providing a dynamic operating environment with opportunities for continual learning and development. The Investment Analyst is responsible for contributing to research and due diligence to source, evaluate, select and monitor differentiated investment strategies and investment managers globally with direction and guidance from more senior members of the investment team. There are two positions. One position is anticipated to focus primarily on private equity and hedge funds, while the other will focus on fixed income, with expectations for additional opportunities in other asset classes and the potential for increased responsibilities over time.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Investment Analyst is a motivated and collaborative team member who is accountable for making research and due diligence contributions to help achieve CommonSpirit Health’s investment objectives. More specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manager and portfolio evaluation and monitoring:
- Collaborate in researching, presenting, discussing, and maintaining detailed due diligence on investment managers with the objective of delivering diversified sources of portfolio alpha and strong risk-adjusted returns.
- With oversight and guidance from more senior team members, conduct quantitative and qualitative portfolio analysis, actively participate in and document manager meetings, ensure detailed manager record keeping, and contribute to written recommendations and team presentations.
- Use analysis, models, and systems to assess and support the underwriting of investment strategies and individual managers from both risk and return perspectives.
- Deeply research existing managers under coverage and work to further develop relationships across managers’ organizations in order to achieve access to insights, capacity, operational efficiency and overall partnership engagement for CommonSpirit Health.
- In addition to manager research, create analysis on a wide variety of evolving strategic investment topics and contribute to ad hoc projects, analyses, presentations and reports.
- Conduct research to support recommendations regarding broader asset class strategies and portfolio construction that take into account the overall objectives and constraints for each pool of capital.
- Engage actively as a member of the Internal Investment Committee, and serve as a voting member. Present, discuss, and evaluate investment ideas, recommendations, and opinions on managers, asset classes, and portfolio construction, both verbally and in writing, as a member of a collaborative team.
- Represent CommonSpirit Health and the investment program with high integrity and professionalism. Serve as a respected ambassador for the organization at manager meetings, conferences, and industry events.
- Establish strong, positive working relationships with other members of the team and collaborate effectively with peers in multiple functions including Treasury, Mission, Legal and Operations. Help foster a collegial, team-oriented culture of intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, and creativity.
- Some domestic and limited international travel is anticipated.
Education/ Accreditation/ Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Extensive experience with Excel required. Bloomberg or common risk factor analytical tools a plus.
- Minimum two years’ experience in investment and portfolio analysis and/or investment banking, management consulting, or related fields.