Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 390 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US $329 billion for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
The Alternative Fixed Income team focusses on investing in less traditional and/or illiquid assets within the Fixed Income universe, with the aim of achieving higher returns than are available in traditional Fixed Income markets. The team manages a range of investment strategies with a focus on two key areas: Structured Finance and Private Debt / Direct Lending.
The 30+ investment team is based in Cedar Rapids, Chicago, the Hague and London, and manages about $60bln of assets as of June 30th via funds and segregated accounts, predominantly for institutional clients around the world.
We are looking to expand the global team by an Investment Manager who will lead data aggregation and synthesis efforts across all structured products to support and enhance team investment analysis and decision making. Focus will primarily be on our US structured finance portfolios (>$10bln AuM) which invest in Asset Backed Securities (ABS), Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) and Collateralized Loan Obligation (CLOs). The Investment Manager will become part of, and have the opportunity to learn from, the US Structured Finance team consisting of 8 seasoned investment professionals and will help with, enhance, and modernize data gathering/analysis and investment decision making for a range of clients. You will be asked to apply a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis in order to support research recommendations directly to clients or within a team discussion.
Reporting into the Head of US Public Structured Finance, the responsibilities of this role will entail:
- Lead data aggregation and synthesis efforts across all structured products to support and enhance team investment analysis and decision making
- Lead efforts to improve portfolio and data analytical capabilities using industry-standard software as well as development of proprietary modeling and analytical tools
- Support and augment ABS, CMBS and RMBS analysis and surveillance activities
- Assist with quantitative credit risk and ESG analysis of the underlying structured finance collateral pools
- Analyze complex transactions with multiple variables, understanding legal documents which govern each transaction, and updating cash flow analysis and stress testing to forecast performance of an ABS, RMBS or CMBS security
- Articulate the outcome of your ESG and credit analysis with other members of the team and make investment decisions together
- Provide ongoing monitoring and surveillance to the structured portfolio
- Recommend trade ideas through on-going surveillance and review of secondary/new issue activities
- Provide overall assessment of performance by synthesizing relevant macro data and fundamental research of the issuer and sector
- General management of investment portfolios, including periodic review and existing investments in the funds, and participate in periodic investment meetings of the global team
- Help with commercial activities and client requests about structured finance portfolio holdings
As a (quantitative) Investment Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a proactive mentality and result oriented. You have very strong analytical skills and an eye for detail. You have effective communication skills along with strong programming skills. You are enthusiastic and you like to work within a dynamic environment.
- BS degree in Finance, Business Analytics, Econometrics, Mathematics or related field
- Generally, 3-5 years or more of direct and related investment experience or equivalent experience working with investment data
- Experience or affinity with programming (such as Python/R/MATLAB,VBA,SQL)
- Direct modeling skills, including validating outputs from source documentation
- Advanced Excel skills, coding skills, and ability to manipulate big data sets
- Experience with Bloomberg, Aladdin, Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience and interest in investing and ESG related topics
- Graduate degree
- Familiarity with or interest in asset origination and the securitization process
- CFA designation or willingness to pursue
- Willing to travel on an occasional basis, including overseas
- Eager to learn on the job from more senior team members
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of candidate’s relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation, including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
To Apply Please Click: Investment Manager - Aegon AM (myworkdayjobs.com)