Investment Manager – Pension Investments
Serve as a key member of the investment team - evaluating strategies, recommending investment managers globally, and actively monitoring the existing portfolio of public and private investments. The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise across one or more major asset classes (Fixed Income, Public Equities, Public and Private Credit, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Real Estate) and will enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Employ a broad understanding of capital markets and the macro environment in conjunction with a knowledge of investments to assess portfolio strategies and potential investment opportunities.
- Evaluate investment opportunities through in-depth research and due diligence. Conduct financial analysis and modeling to assess potential new investments with external managers, co-investments, and direct deals.
- Develop and maintain a list of potential new strategies and managers
- Perform quantitative analysis to narrow the manager universe
- Conduct initial manager and strategy meetings
- Prepare written proposals and present manager recommendations
- Assist with investment onboarding process
- Assist in portfolio construction within and across asset classes to meet plan objectives.
- Monitor performance and risk of investments
- Conduct periodic strategy and manager review meetings and assess relevant quantitative and qualitative characteristics
- Assess manager performance relative to benchmarks, peers and stated objectives
- Participate in management presentations, annual meetings, and other diligence sessions
- Network with other investors, review industry trends, and manager watch lists
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (4+) years of role related experience
- Minimum 5 years of relatable experience
- Proven experience of Asset management / Capital Markets experience. Preference for portfolio management experience in the public or private markets. Alternatively, experience in specific underlying asset classes gained from consulting or capital markets roles.
- Proven experience in the research and analysis of investment strategies, manager due diligence, and post-investment portfolio monitoring.
- Ability to think critically and apply excellent quantitative modeling skills (i.e. Excel).
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Technical competency in some manager research and risk management platforms (i.e. eVestment, Factset, Aladdin, MSCI Barra, Burgiss, etc.)
- Some understanding of the corporate pension industry and the ability to assess the suitability of investment options within an asset-liability context.
- Ability to travel as required (including outside the United States) for investment due diligence, manager monitoring and attending industry conferences.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Norwalk, CT
- Advanced Degree and/or CFA preferred.