Investment Officer II
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $348.29 Billion as of 1/24/2019. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California. Our people are deeply committed to our core values and their decisions and actions are guided by our investment beliefs.If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. Click here to see what it’s like to work in the CalPERS Investment Office.
Our Investment Risk and Performance team is currently seeking an Investment Officer II to independently produce timely, accurate and relevant investment risk reports and analytics to support investment decision making and, ultimately, the CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce accurate and timely risk reports and analysis for the CalPERS Board of Administration and senior management by actively participating in all aspects of the existing risk measurement and monitoring process.
- Provide practical solutions to remedy risk measurement issues and analytical challenges.
- Implement enhancements to existing risk measurement processes to improve relevance, quality and timeliness and, ultimately, support investment decision making.
- Participate in analytical assignments to enhance understanding of Public Employees’ Retirement Fund (PERF) and Affiliate trusts’ investment risks.
- Research and analyze information from a variety of data sources utilizing various available tools, including programming languages, and quantitative techniques.
- Possession of an advanced degree, such as MBA or Masters; certifications or participation in professional programs such as CFA, FRM, CAIA, or others.
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work both independently or in a group environment.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and professionalism.
- Be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Microsoft Suite experience, particularly in Excel.