Investment Officer II
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $379.95 billion as of September 4, 2019. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California. Our people are deeply committed to our core values and their decisions and actions are guided by our investment beliefs.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. Click here to see what it’s like to work in the CalPERS Investment Office.
Job Description and Duties:
Our Real Assets Unit is currently seeking an Investment Officer II to monitor and assist in managing relationships with investment partners and managers in assigned portfolio consistent with the Strategic Plan, Annual Investment Plans and CalPERS Investment Beliefs and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advise senior management on issues in assigned portfolio and sector.
- Analyze financial, operating and compliance reports on assigned portfolio.
- Maintain knowledge of assets including performance, values and risks.
- Analyze the Annual Investment Plans as submitted by investment partners and have primary responsibility to compile and aggregate the information.
- Education: Possession of an advanced degree, such as MBA, JD, or certifications such as CFA, CPA, CAIA, or other equivalent financial or accounting certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action.
- Reliable team player with demonstrated ability to independently complete work assignments.
- Microsoft applications experience with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and particularly Excel.
- Experience working in the real estate and/or infrastructure field.
To Apply: https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=172081