Investment Officer III
California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is a global institutional investor and the nation’s largest public pension fund, with assets of approximately $360.91 billion as of May 16, 2019. Headquartered in downtown Sacramento, CalPERS is situated in close proximity to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and other desirable destinations in California. Our people are deeply committed to our core values and their decisions and actions are guided by our investment beliefs.
If you thrive in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment where diversity in perspective and experience is valued, this may be the right opportunity for you. Click here to see what it’s like to work in the CalPERS Investment Office.
Job Description and Duties:
Completing the Supplemental Questions is mandatory in order to be considered for this position. Please scroll down to Special Requirements for further instruction.
Our Opportunistic Strategies program is currently seeking an Investment Officer III to, acting as a subject matter expert, perform the more complex transactions, analysis and portfolio management associated with various types of securities and security market conditions, and independently recommend price levels of securities to be purchased or sold and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coordinate, execute and manage settlement processes of day-to-day foreign exchange trading activity.
- Provide leadership to other Investment Officers in the management of all interest rate and foreign exchange trade and portfolio construction processes with the capability to serve as the back up to the Investment Manager.
- Independently research, structure and make timely recommendations on trade ideas. Develop models and perform ongoing Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) for interest rate and foreign exchange trades.
- Chartered Financial Analyst certification
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration and/or Master’s Degree in Economics
- Experience leading people in a trading environment
- Extensive knowledge of public securities markets, foreign exchange and related derivatives
- High standards for fiduciary duty
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Function in a professional and respectful manner as a highly cohesive and effective team member
- Ability to model CalPERS Competencies and demonstrate proficiency in; Collaboration, Leading People, Leading Change, Driving Results, Business Acumen, Communication, and Leading Self.