Investment Operations Data Associate
At Private Ocean, we take great pride in our thriving, collaborative work culture. We believe that our people are our most valuable asset, and together, we can achieve anything.
This is a summary outline of the duties and responsibilities initially required of an Investment Operations Data Associate. This is not all-inclusive; duties and responsibilities of this job may be modified or added at any time.
Summary of Essential Duties
This is an internal operations position. The individual in this position will be a member of Private Ocean’s Investment Operations Department and will interact primarily with other members of the Investment Operations team, including: the Director of Investment Operations, Portfolio Managers, Compliance Associate, and Investment Research Analyst. This position requires excellent ability with numbers, strong attention to detail, as well as honed organizational skills to successfully manage many operational (internal) responsibilities in the following areas:
- Act as the primary liaison with Tamarac Advisor Services for data maintenance
- Maintain security settings
- Maintain account sets, searches, views, templates, reports, dashboards
- Populate account and group fields for new accounts and clients
- Validate accuracy of client performance and capital flows
- Verify that security, portfolio, transaction, and pricing data from custodians and other sources is accurate
- Assist with other database maintenance, as necessary
- Maintain database back-up files
- Assist with Tamarac Rebalancing
- Populate account-level templates and settings
- Maintain models and target allocations
- Create rebalancing groups and configure underlying accounts for trading
- Ongoing portfolio rebalancing testing
- Additional tasks and responsibilities:
- Back up daily activity reporting and trade reconciliation
- Pricing non-standard assets and reconciling values
- Back up to Portfolio Managers – assist with trading
- Review, update and improve overall processes/procedures
- Bachelors degree
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Numerical accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a team environment
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Through experience and performance may be promoted to other functional areas depending on interest and aptitude.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Ocean is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.