Investment Product Analyst
Income Research + Management is a Boston-based, privately owned, investment grade fixed income asset management firm. IR+M delivers strong performance and consistent results through a rigorous, bottom-up security selection process and strives to provide best-in-class client service to our 700+ institutional and private wealth clients.
Founded in 1987 and located in the heart of Boston’s financial district, IR+M employs 180+ full time professionals and currently manages $80+ Billion in assets. IR+M has a fast-paced, open office environment that is driven by a motivated and collaborative workforce. We offer industry-leading benefits, as well as a challenging, collegial, and rewarding workplace with high levels of employee engagement.
Open Position: Investment Product Analyst
The Investment Product Analyst will join a dynamic Investment Product Management Team (I-PMT), which is responsible for the development and oversight of the firm’s product management and communication efforts. The position reports to the Investment Product Specialist and, ultimately, Director of Investment Product Management, and offers regular interaction with Senior Management, Portfolio Managers, Client Portfolio Managers, and Analysts. Additionally, the Investment Product Analyst will have exposure to all aspects of buy-side fixed income management.
- Serve as an internal resource for market and investment-related questions
- Establish an understanding of portfolio positioning
- Assist with performance attribution analysis and a variety of client/consultant data requests
- Provide competitor intelligence on performance, risk analytics and pricing, and market trends
- Respond to requests for model portfolios and scenario analysis
- Develop communications collateral, including portfolio and market commentary, thought leadership, and other presentation and marketing materials
- Establish strong working relationships with members of the Client Service and Investment Teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of investment management industry experience
- Solid understanding of fixed income markets
- Experience working in a product, consultant, or client service capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as analytical, skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well across teams and functions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with eVestment and Bloomberg considered a plus
- Bachelor’s degree; CFA or progress towards CFA preferred