Investment Specialist – Fixed Income
Primary Purpose of the Position
The primary purpose of the Investment Specialist, Fixed Income role is to provide leverage to the investment organization by sharing T. Rowe Price’s investment insights primarily (but not exclusively) with US Intermediary (advisory and discretionary) clients, prospects, and consultants. As a member of the investment organization, the main role is to provide a broader investment viewpoint to allow clients to make better informed investment decisions and for more consultative conversations between the relationship management team and the financial advisors. This role will require collaboration with other Investment Specialists, Portfolio Specialists and Portfolio Analysts who are located in our U.S., U.K. and Asia offices.
The Investment Specialist, Fixed Income would tie together the various investment and market insights (Fixed Income views, perspectives from the CIO group and other differentiated views coming out of the investment organization) to develop content and share those investment perspectives with clients as a generalist fixed income subject matter expert. The individual is expected to work closely with the Fixed Income CIO’s and will engage with clients in discussions around macro-economic trends and investment opportunities presented within global fixed income asset classes. The Investment Specialist will spend the majority of their time (between 40-60%) traveling in the field and at conferences with the relationship management teams, supporting T. Rowe Price’s positioning in the market and ongoing sales and client retention efforts.
Maintain broad knowledge of investment perspectives throughout the firm by attending investment meetings across all investment division and leveraging insights from the Fixed Income team, the CIO group and the broader Investment Specialist Group in order to articulate a broader point of view from T Rowe Price regarding the global economy, macro-economic trends and underlying fixed income asset classes.
Create content and proactively push content out to the field sales teams on a frequent basis to position those teams to have informed discussions on market-related news with their end clients. The intermediary distribution team will be the Investment Specialist’s primary internal client.
Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with sales and client service professionals, with a focus on the US Intermediary channels - though their work may extend to other audiences and channels as needed. The role also serves as an extension of the fixed income investment team representing their asset class in meetings with prospects, clients, and consultants. Meeting types may vary to include one-to-one meetings as well as larger group presentations of 50 or more.
In partnership with distribution colleagues, stay up to date on T. Rowe Price’s broader fixed income investment offerings (both taxable and municipal) in order to consult on client needs and potentially match with a T. Rowe Price product offering or to discuss potential customized fixed income solutions. When necessary, handoff to Portfolio Specialist or Portfolio Analyst when additional depth is required on any given strategy.
The position requires a heavy travel schedule. One can expect 40-60% of their time on the road supporting our distribution partners.
Provide education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the investment management industry. Relevant experience can include investment research, portfolio analysis, investment consulting, or institutional client service.
- MBA and/or CFA highly desired (or highly tenured investment individual).
- Must be willing to travel, including the potential for international travel
- Must have a passion for the investment business with a deep understanding of investment concepts and have a strong working knowledge of investment strategies and tactics.
- Fixed income experience desired.
- Demonstrated track record of success in effectively communicating complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with ability to interact well with investment professionals, sales and client service professionals
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with client facing experience
- Adept at navigating a complex organization
- Interest in PR activities and in using videos, podcasts and social media to support the fixed income franchise
- Ability to work well within a collegial, but fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who possess a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving competitive results.
- Leadership skills
- Location: West Coast
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
This role is eligible for full time remote work.
Wage Transparency Disclosure*
$175,000 - $275,000 Annual USD
*Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, SB 1162 when hiring in California, and SB 5761 when hiring in the State of Washington.