Investor Relations Associate – Cowen Investment Management
Cowen Investment Management LLC (CIM) is the Investment Management division of Cowen Inc. with $12.5 billion of assets under management across its platform of alternative investments strategies. The platform offers strategies in Private Healthcare, Private Sustainable Investments, Healthcare Royalties, Merger Arbitrage, and Activism.
CIM is currently hiring for an Associate role on its Investor Relations team. The applying candidate should have a bachelor’s degree alongside an accomplished academic background and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an IR/Client Servicing-related function at an investment firm or fund administrator.
The Associate will work in partnership with another Associate and tenured Director under the supervision of a Managing Director. The opportunity is to support investors, portfolio management, and fundraising teams across the CIM platform (and across liquid and illiquid investment products). The role will encompass a broad range of responsibilities that require interaction and coordination between Accounting, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Sales & Marketing and Strategy functions of CIM as well as the broader Cowen organization.
The responsibilities associated with this role require a self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, analytical professional with strong communication skills who has demonstrated the ability to work under pressure, manage multiple deadlines and is willing to provide hands on support to the IR team, as well as strategize with senior professionals across the firm. The Investor Relations Associate must share in our best-in-class investor relations and compliance philosophy, which emphasizes partnership, attention to detail, prudence, integrity, and timeliness in all internal and external communications.
- Manage the Investor Relations inbox by responding to a high volume of client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for regular and comprehensive communication with the fund administrator on all client servicing and investment related operations, which includes tracking subscriptions, redemptions and transfers, contact and wire instruction updates, portal login issues and outstanding AML documentation
- Review, understand and have ability to discuss fund subscription, redemption, and transfer documents with current and prospective investors
- Track and analyze all fundraising data (ex: investor commitments, share classes, investor types)
- Assist with completion of RFP’s, DDQs and various ad-hoc LP requests
- Assist with the review and CRM distribution of quarterly and monthly reporting outreach to current investors
- Work with Accounting and the fund administrator on managing and tracking capital calls and distributions to current investors
- Track and report investor information to Legal & Compliance for various regulatory reporting obligations (ex: Form D, Form ADV, Form PF, AIFMD)
- Manage fund data room invites, activity and marketing document updates throughout fundraising periods
- Bachelor’s degree and an accomplished academic background
- 5+ years’ work experience in financial services with a minimum 3 years in an IR/Client Servicing related function at an alternative investment firm or fund administrator
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior investment personnel, as well as outside investors
- Self-motivated, organized, strong attention to detail and ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well with others in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic work environment, in working independently and on a team in a remote environment
- Experience using an Investment Management CRM such as Salesforce for tracking investor balances, flows and LP correspondence
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and familiarity with private market databases is a plus (ex: Preqin and PitchBook)
To apply, please use this link: https://grnh.se/e597ec212us