Investor Relations – Product Specialist, Vice President
Angelo Gordon is seeking to hire a Vice President, Product Specialist for its Global Investor Relations team in New York. This integral role will encompass a broad range of responsibilities alongside the Senior Product Specialists for Angelo Gordon’s Multi-Strategy and Distressed & Corporate Special Situations platforms. The primary responsibilities of the position will be working with the investment, marketing and several other teams in supporting content development, investor communications, marketing and capital raising activities, and related strategic initiatives for these two investment groups.
- Work alongside senior product strategists, portfolio managers, investment professionals, and marketing professionals to represent the Multi-Strategy and Distressed & Corporate Special Situations platforms; will also involve regular interactions with other groups across the firm.
- Assist in defining and overseeing key aspects of the fundraising strategy, including marketing materials, calendar/timeline, diligence events, prospective investor pipelines, legal documents, data room, etc.
- Maintain and regularly update marketing materials such as investor presentations, pitch books and related decks; help to create new content and define messaging around investment strategy, investment performance and fund offerings
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the investment positioning, portfolio names and current exposure; analyze drivers of investment performance and portfolio attribution; develop commentary and summarize key observations for both internal and external communications
- Organize and develop responses to DDQs/RFPs/RFIs, investor inquiries and ad hoc data requests; coordinate investment and operational due diligence meetings
- Assist in the drafting of written investment and outlook materials, including quarterly capital markets review, monthly internal co-CEO/CIO updates, and related commentaries and insights
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of quarterly fund reporting, exposure reports, investor letters, etc.; assist in developing fund-level and investor/account-specific update materials
- Conduct periodic special projects related to fundraising, investor commitment activity, competitor market intelligence, and other related topics
- 4+ years of experience in the investment or a related financial field; educational degree in Accounting, Business/Finance or Mathematics preferred; solid understanding of financial markets with particular knowledge of credit and fixed income products and alternative investments
- Proactive, motivated and organized; ability to multi-task and prioritize in a demanding environment with a dynamic pace; exceptional time, organizational and project management skills
- Strong quantitative abilities; accounting and/or financial analysis experience a positive
- Outstanding communication skills; combination of verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate messaging effectively and express complex information concisely for both internal and external audiences
- Technical computer / application proficiency required; advanced experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential; working familiarity with Bloomberg, Salesforce, Preqin and other market data systems a plus
- Ability to coordinate and build relationships across multiple internal groups including investments, sales/marketing, accounting, operations, legal, client reporting, client services and other teams
- Superior attention to detail
- Post graduate qualifications favorable (CFA, CAIA, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. It is the Company’s policy to select the best-qualified person for each position in the Company. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, gender, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, gender identity or gender expression, genetic information, or other characteristic protected by applicable law. EOE/M/F/D/V.