This position is responsible for assisting in the performance of or coordinating technical audits, Systems Development Life Cycle Reviews and other projects. This position is also responsible for leading simple to moderate complex IT audits and IT related projects.
• Evaluate governance and risks and the determination of the effectiveness of controls for the Bank and Federal Reserve's automation environment, the effectiveness and efficiency of automation operations, safeguarding of assets and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
• Execute the approved audit program in accordance with established policies and standards under general supervision.
• Define appropriate scope and objectives, develop new or revise existing audit programs (as necessary) and prepare clear and concise work papers that documents the audit tests performed and the conclusions drawn.
• Plan, execute and assure the satisfactory completion of audit tasks and responsibilities, and periodically supervise and review audit work performed by audit team members.
• Evaluate audit team members performance after leading assignments.
• Review, verify and analyze configurations, records, reports and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Identify and assess the impact of audit exceptions, make appropriate recommendations and present clear and convincing explanations of the issues with audit management and operating personnel.
• Prepare written reports to operations management at the conclusion of audit reviews.
• Appraise the adequacy of corrective action taken to address reported audit exceptions as necessary.
• Obtain and maintain a detailed knowledge base and an awareness of activities in moderately-complex areas of assigned liaison coverage, review and analyze pertinent data, and assess the impact of changes.
• Develop/maintain the business profile and audit manual for assigned areas of liaison coverage.
• Provide audit coverage to moderately-complex system development efforts and other projects.
• Assist on System and local audit projects having the goal of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Audit function.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of job related experience.
Requires a working knowledge with some of the following technologies: Software development, database management, enterprise networks, Directory Services, Firewall infrastructure or Web technologies. Experience with cloud based ERP implementations will be preferred.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others. This position may directly lead 1-3 colleagues on a project basis.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.