A&M’s Transaction Advisory Group (TAG) has an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in New York, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Nashville, Los Angeles and San Francisco. TAG is a subsidiary of A&M, an established leader in providing global leadership and advisory services to a variety of diverse industries. A&M TAG is seeking a Manager to bring their energy, passion, and expertise to help our clients get the answers they need to the get the deal done. We provide private equity and corporate clients buy side and sell side financial accounting due diligence. TAG professionals actively engage in assessing a target’s quality of earning, analyzing cash flows, reviewing working capital, identifying key business drivers, reviewing forecasts, and conducting comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors.
What will you be doing?
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with our highly motivated and effective team of professionals on a variety of interesting projects across different industries including but not limited to manufacturing, distribution, consumer, retail, restaurants, business and industrial services as well as healthcare, software & technology, energy and financial services. You will provide our clients with an integrated due diligence approach that goes beyond traditional quality of earning analyses and focus on key value drivers for sponsors and lenders. Our integrated due diligence approach combines our deep operational, functional and industry expertise with Big Four quality financial accounting and tax services to drive value throughout the investment lifecycle.
Responsibilities will include:
- Counsel and mentor Associates and Senior Associates.
- Manage and prioritize team responsibilities and proactively consult with Managing Directors and senior members of the team as appropriate.
- Maintain and update the budget and fee analysis as appropriate.
- Manage multiple chargeable and non-chargeable projects of varying size and complexity.
- Review and evaluate project databooks prepared by team members.
- Generate a full due diligence report.
- Lead the Quality of Earnings, P&L and Working Capital analyses.
- Communicate regularly with clients regarding engagement matters (e.g., billing, status updates, preparation of scope of procedures, scope changes, request lists) .
- Effectively manage day-to-day client interaction and relationships.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Proactively recruit, train, and develop Associate and Senior Associates, including teaching training classes as applicable.
- Gather applicable conflict check information and coordinates with Managing Directors to set up engagement codes and other engagement requirements.
- Assist Managing Directors and Senior Director in sales and business development efforts.
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial accounting professionals who embody the A&M Core Values – integrity, quality, objectivity, fun and personal reward while delivering a tailored and scalable approach to working with private equity, hedge fund, and corporate clients. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on performance, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M’s strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. This includes performance-based career progression and promotion process, high quality practice-wide training programs, a global mobility program, rotation opportunities in other practice areas, employee resource groups, and a health and wellness program. Click here to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of audit and or financial accounting due diligence experience at a top accounting firm
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or related major
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or in the process of obtaining one
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility to work as both a team member in a collaborative setting and as an individual contributor
- Ability to thrive and be effective in fast-paced settings
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Please view the original job listing here.