Managing Director of Business Development
Do you have a successful track record in leading consultative sales for financial advisory, sustainable finance, or technology solutions to institutions and families?
We are seeking a purpose-driven senior executive to help lead our business development efforts.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Lead the sales and business development team and function across the organization
- Develop prospects and build business relationships with leading financial intermediaries including wealth management institutions, financial and philanthropic advisors, and family offices, and foundations
- Oversee the buildout, training, and management of a growing business development team that will collectively meet ambitious revenue goals
- Work with the executive team to develop sales and growth strategy
- Closely coordinate with the marketing team to develop collateral and campaigns, to drive brand awareness and lead generation
- Coordinate with the client account team to ensure a strong client experience and work collaboratively with the Product team to translate client feedback into new service offerings
- Support CapShift’s presence in the industry, including travel to conferences, leading webinars, and direct meetings with users and financial advisors
- Manage revenue reporting and forecasting for the executive team and Board of Directors
- Play an active role in creating company culture and processes to support scale
- Develop institutional and channel partnerships
- 10+ years of direct experience in business development targeting a mix of wealth management institutions, advisors, family offices, or foundations
- Multi-year track record of significantly growing revenues within individual accounts and across a team
- Excellence in leading consultative sales of complex, high value technology, advisory, or investment services
- Knowledge and experience with ESG, sustainable, and impact investing and charitable investment landscape strongly preferred
- Prior leadership in managing a sales or business development team
- Experience managing institutional partnerships or a B2B2C sales process preferred
- A passion for delivering value for clients while aligning financial returns with societal impact
- Fit with working in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions, with prior startup experience preferred
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory covering over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently work with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Its suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, and monitor implement impact portfolios. Clients includes foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject “Managing Director of Business Development” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.
Location: Remote, with expectation of full-time or regular travel to our Boston, MA HQ starting Q1 2022