Marketing Associate – Data Analyst
Job Title: Marketing Associate – Data Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Marketing Associate works closely with the Marketing & Client Service team to assist with executing Mar Vista Investment Partner’s client service efforts, achieve new business goals and enhance our communications with the institutional consulting and retail investing communities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the internal resource for marketing, client service & consultant relations teams.
- Work closely with investment professionals to develop a deep knowledge of each investment strategy.
- Analyze quarterly returns and portfolio outcomes to enhance our client’s understanding of our strategy’s impact.
- Initiate and execute detailed competitor analysis and strategy positioning studies to help better articulate Mar Vista strategy strengths and weaknesses through available tools.
- Perform industry and product level analysis to identify prospective new client opportunities.
- Utilizes Mar Vista’s process and technology platform to update team members and leadership about the status of the relationships with prospects
- Actively communicates intelligence to Mar Vista team members and leadership to develop strategies for winning new clients
- Collaborate on RFPs, RFIs and Due Diligence questionnaires for the Firm.
- Prepare for client reviews and new account presentations by generating materials and demonstrating an understanding of client information, performance, statistics and holdings.
- Provide back up on updating client reviews and new business presentation books.
- Participate in business continuity/disaster recovery training and implementation policies as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents and governmental regulations. Ability to respond effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment. Experience with Bloomberg, FactSet, Evestment, and/or other equivalent financial performance and data analysis tools.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Emphasis in finance, accounting, statistics and/or performance analysis strongly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Series 7 and 63 preferred. If the candidate does not already have these licenses, it is required for them to pass these licensing exams.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Prioritization / time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in multi-task environment
- Good knowledge of investment advisory industry
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong team player