Boston Trust Walden Company Overview
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm that provides investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $14 billion in client assets.
Boston Trust Walden distinguishes itself in several key ways, including:
- stable, diversified business model serving a variety of client types.
- compelling investment philosophy and excellent track record.
- longstanding leadership in ESG impact investing; and
- corporate culture grounded in shared values, as signified by the company’s tagline, Principled Investing.
Located in the heart of Boston at One Beacon Street, Boston Trust Walden employs fewer than 100 individuals. Boston Trust Walden’s structure as an independent, employee-owned firm enables the firm to make business decisions that align with clients and employees for long-term success. The firm’s structure and size help cultivate a collegial work environment where employees own their work, contribute to positive client outcomes, and are rewarded for their efforts.
One of Boston Trust Walden’s strategic priorities is to foster a positive workplace; this includes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The firm believes this commitment is not only the right thing to do but also a matter of good governance and a critical component of long-term business success. When DEI values are infused into the workplace, the company and its employees benefit. The firm is committed to taking meaningful steps to advance racial, ethnic, and gender equity in its workplace through retention, education, and recruitment initiatives.
Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination about race, color, religious creed, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/US military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or other legally protected status.
The firm will make reasonable accommodations in the application process if requested by new job applicants.
Position: Marketing Specialist
Boston Trust Walden seeks a Marketing Specialist to support the firm’s institutional and private wealth relationship management and business development efforts. This person will lead content marketing production from start to finish, including scheduling, drafting, copy editing, layout, imagery selection, compliance review, and publication. This person will work closely with leaders in portfolio management, ESG research and engagement, and risk management to ensure content is brand-consistent, relevant to target audiences, aligned with firm messaging, accessible, and compliant. They will be responsible for maintaining the website and delivering a steady stream of content to target audiences via email and social media. They will also support the Director of Marketing & Communications in special projects, such as website refreshes and enhancements to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer and copy editor with an artistic eye and strong project management skills. A written cover letter and content design examples are strongly encouraged.
- Create and maintain marketing materials in accordance with Boston Trust Walden’s branding, compliance regulations, and internal review process utilizing Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and communicate updates internally.
- Create charts, tables, and process graphics from data and information provided by investment and performance analysts.
- Develop relationships with functional area leaders to ensure effective collaboration on content development and process implementation.
- Build a weekly content calendar that appropriately balances corporate, institutional, private wealth, and ESG impact investing market segments.
- Edit, layout, design, and post monthly blogs for various market segments.
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications in producing quarterly and annual reports, including the firm’s Annual ESG Impact Report and Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
- Plan and execute email and social media promotion and work on enhanced content dissemination utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Work with our third-party website designer/developer to ensure the website reflects current information.
- Design sponsorship ads and collateral as needed.
- Advise other functional area leaders on projects requiring branding/design input from the Marketing team.
- College degree in Marketing or Finance desired
- 4+ years of relevant marketing/financial services/asset management industry experience
- Strong communication and project management skills (prioritization, deadline management)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and pragmatic.
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Interest and experience in digital marketing – use of digital tools
- Structured work style – be confident working autonomously but like to be part of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This is a full-time position based in Boston, MA. Boston Trust Walden is currently operating in a hybrid manner with a mix of in-office and remote work. Specifics are dependent upon the team and should be discussed with the hiring manager.