MBA Development Program – IM
ADVANCE THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY
The Investment Management track of our MBA Leadership Development Program is an opportunity to use your passion for finance to directly impact the financial future of our investors. Here, you’ll use your analytical expertise to influence strategic decisions that will shape the future of Vanguard and change the way people invest. While we provide the tools for success, you’ll figure out how to use them and make it count.
On this track, you will:
- Experience our culture of continual growth, learning directly from elite investment professionals while being exposed to the breadth and depth of our global investment, corporate strategy, and investment strategy teams
- Engage in high-impact strategic assignments, having a direct impact on our clients’ wealth with a chance to contribute to the most integral function at Vanguard
- Use your advanced analytical skills to seize new opportunities and identify critical insights for Vanguard
- Receive rigorous coaching and mentorship from Vanguard’s senior management to prepare you for a leadership role
- Integrate into a robust alumni network who share your belief of doing what’s right for our clients
- Define your journey to success as this role is different for every individual
Step forward with a global market leader
Are you highly motivated with a strong foundation in investing and desire to actively improve yourself? Then use your critical thinking abilities and resourcefulness to advance our mission – standing up for over twenty million clients worldwide. Here, you’ll regularly take on a variety of challenges in a dynamic industry. With your proven leadership abilities and strong appetite to develop others, you will make a real impact – driving initiatives forward in a team environment. If you are intrepid, ambitious and unafraid to create your own path, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree and MBA are required.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of prior work experience, including relevant exposure to investment management, strategy, consulting or business analytics.
- You have a comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of challenges and pivot as needed.
- You have a deep interest and understanding of financial markets.
Specializations that will make an impact
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Clear and articulate communication
- Comfort in making brave decisions with an ability to collaboratively influence and effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally in a matrixed environment
- CFA, or progress towards CFA, highly preferred but not required
- Familiarity with R, python, SQL preferred but not required
- The start date for this program will be Summer 2022.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.