Mid Level Analyst – Risk Management & Trust Operations
Boeing's Trust Investments Group seeks to provide leadership in fulfilling its fiduciary responsibility for Boeing's ~$141 billion in retirement assets (~$67 billion defined benefit; ~$74 billion defined contribution). Trust Investments is seeking an Analyst - Risk Management & Trust Operations, reporting to the Director – Risk Management and Trust Operations, to support Trust Investments in a wide range of duties.
- The analyst will work closely with two custodial banks and use various systems/software to manage performance measurement, performance analysis, and associated performance reporting for master trust assets and other company plan assets, including monthly reports to the team, quarterly reports to the investment committee and periodic surveys.
- The analyst will co-manage the Risk Management Overlay strategy, which rebalances the total fund asset mix back to target. The analyst will support reporting on asset allocation, tactical positions, and liquidity, including committee reporting and surveys.
- The analyst will support a wide range of risk analytics. The analyst will have an understanding of financial statistical concepts like standard deviation and correlation. The risk reporting involves data analysis, managing software provider relationships, software set-up and support, data transmittal, data scrubbing, report production, and presentations to the Trust Investments Risk Management Committee.
- The analyst will have basic programming and database-management skills (e.g., Excel macros, Microsoft Access) and will help develop new processes to streamline data management and report production.
- The analyst will support the team on a variety of special projects, e.g., peer benchmarking surveys and evaluation and onboarding of new systems/software.
- Adaptability: Understands changes in own and others’ work and situations; treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning and growth.
- Analytical Skills: Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the department level.
- Build Positive Relationships: Builds effective working relationships within the work group, with inter-organizational employees, and with external service providers.
- Communication: Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- Decision Making: Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand difficult issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Financial Markets/Institutions: Knowledge of roles and functions of trustees and custodians and institutional investment managers and dynamics of markets in which they operate.
- Investment Knowledge: Knowledge of investment techniques, methods and practices.
- Managing Work: Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Information Technology Fluency: Ability to utilize technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field with 3-6 years of related work experience.
Other Job Related Information
Progress towards CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) and/or MBA or related Masters preferred. The ideal candidate will have a balance of finance and technology skills.