Operational Risk Consultant 5 – Data Privacy
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
- The privacy risk consultant will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a privacy program for Customer Segments, which includes; Student Lending, Personal Lines and Loans, and Small Business Lending. The candidate will manage Privacy Risk Management processes, privacy initiatives, and summarize privacy performance and risk exposure within Customer Segments. The candidate will have exposure to senior risk management.
- Ensure Customer Segments develops and implements Privacy Policies, Standards and Procedures, provides expert privacy risk guidance to the frontline, and provides insightful feedback regarding potential changes or enhancements to the Customer Segments program
- Subject matter expert in privacy. Experience with privacy risk assessments, technology impacts of privacy related matters, and threat and vulnerabilities privacy impacts
- Provide advice and counsel to management on significant initiatives to improve risk management and internal controls
- Analysis and Risk Identification: Work with the business risk teams across the business lines to identify trends, provide risk-based recommendations and associated action plans in order to effectively mitigate the root causes of Privacy issues
The preferred location is Charlotte, NC. Other locations such as Des Moines, IA, Minneapolis, MN, Sioux Falls, SD and other Wells Fargo hub locations may be considered.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of experience with privacy oversight and compliance implementation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to influence management on technical or business solutions
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Privacy Certifications (CIPP)
- Ability to credibly challenge the status quo
- Capacity to juggle multiple efforts simultaneously; manage time effectively
- Ability to operate effectively at both a conceptual level and a detailed level.
- Proven experience building partnerships, collaborating and influencing key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many businesses and functional areas.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of privacy policies and procedures and regulations related to banking, i.e. TCPA, GLBA, FCRA, CANSPAM, etc
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Consumer Banking,
- Business Process Risk Management,
- Regulatory Compliance
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2801 4th Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.