Operational Risk Manager 1
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Home Lending Conduct Oversight Team is part of the Conduct Risk Control organization within the Consumer Banking Control organization. Home Lending Conduct Oversight is responsible for the intake and research of allegations of internal conduct risk to determine the validity of the claim. Home Lending Conduct Oversight is also responsible for identifying trends and control weaknesses, working with Compliance Risk, Operational Risk and business partners to create and improve control environments.\
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
The ORM1 position will manage the Home Lending Conduct Oversight Intake Team (4+ Operational Risk Specialists) for the Wells Fargo Home Lending business line. The Intake team is responsible for managing the centralized intake of allegations of internal team member misconduct. The Intake team also manages all of the reconciliation processes, reporting, and routing of incoming work. This position will be responsible for prioritizing incoming referrals for risk mitigation purposes and escalate highest risk cases for immediate review. May be involved with reporting emerging trends to appropriate line of business partners.
This position will include establishing strong cross-business partnerships and may include gathering additional information, evaluating that information to understand if there is a need to adjust existing or establish new processes, or providing guidance on best practices. May engage appropriate business partners including Employee Relations, Quality Monitoring, Branch Inspection, Ad Investigations, Event Registration, Information Security, Financial Crimes Risk Control, and/or Enterprise Investigations to coordinate incoming referrals.
This position on the Conduct Oversight Team will be responsible for identifying control gaps through initial investigations and ensure they are escalated appropriately. May provide insight and participate in ascertaining appropriate controls to close the gaps. Act as Subject Matter Experts on WF Consumer Home Lending procedures and policies to determine if something is in or out of scope for both Home Lending Conduct Oversight.
Preferred location: 300 Hwy 169 S, St. Louis Park, MN. Will not consider other locations
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of leadership or management experience
- 1+ year of mortgage operations experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of mortgage regulatory compliance
- Experience with Wells Fargo retail systems such as CORE, COMPASS, NICE, etc.
- Experience with Wells Fargo mortgage servicing systems such as: Fidelity MSP/CPI, ER, Desktop, EDGE, KM, GEM, Web
- Query, EDMIAM Workflow, NICE, etc.
- Experience with Wells Fargo systems such as COMPASS, HOGAN, MARS, OIB, etc.
- Ability to organize and present analysis in a holistic manner for management decisions
- Ability to make logical, independent decisions with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to hold others accountable to reach common goals
- Prior experience in Wells Fargo mortgage servicing
- 2+ years experience in mortgage originations, with strong knowledge of the origination, processing, underwriting, and closing processes
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S - Saint Louis Park, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.