Portfolio Analyst Fixed Income 1
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $476 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
Wells Fargo Asset Management is seeking a candidate to join the successful and growing Municipal Fixed Income portfolio management team. The Municipal Fixed Income team manages over $39B of tax-exempt fixed income assets in various short and long-term duration separate accounts and mutual funds. Investments are made in both investment grade and non-investment grade securities.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Conducting primary and secondary market credit research utilizing fundamental credit analysis.
- Surveillance of existing general obligation and revenue bond security holdings.
- Daily discussions with portfolio managers regarding the purchase and sale of securities, with an emphasis on the underlying credit fundamentals of issuers.
- Documentation of credit recommendations and rating changes by the major credit rating agencies.
- Analysis of assigned sectors and monitoring of general credit trends in the municipal bond market.
- Identification of relative value opportunities amongst municipal credits and sectors.
- Performing ad-hoc projects/analysis as required.
- 1+ year of investment research experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience working with research tools such as: FactSet, Bloomberg, and Barra
- Fixed income markets experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; including statistics
- Microsoft Excel experience designing and running macros
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years investment research experience at a municipal buy-side firm, underwriter, or rating agency
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with municipal market participants
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and take on new challenges
- Ability to work as part of a highly dynamic and interdependent team
- Pursuing an advanced degree to include MBA, Masters in Public Policy, or CFA
- Proficiency with Bloomberg and Perform/Creditscope platforms
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.