Portfolio Finance Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our Portfolio Finance team which has three primary responsibilities:
- Optimization of financing, clearing, and collateral arrangements for the firm across asset classes and investment strategies within internal and external constraints.
- Portfolio management of cash and cash-equivalent instruments.
- Centralized management of AQR’s critical sell-side relationships.
Each of these functions is crucial to the continued success of AQR and provides on-going opportunities to work closely with external counterparties as well as numerous internal stakeholders including Trading, Portfolio Implementation, Business Development, Research, Risk Management, Engineering, Legal, Tax, Compliance, and Operations.
- Optimize and allocate the firm’s financing and clearing business across asset classes and counterparties subject to binding cash usage, counterparty risk, and regulatory constraints.
- Negotiate financing, clearing, and margin terms with prime brokers, clearing brokers, and derivatives counterparties.
- Maintain and enhance margin and financing analytics including replication, reconciliation, and attribution frameworks.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to structure financing and clearing solutions, to improve existing products, and for new fund and strategy launches.
- Manage the firm’s encumbered and unencumbered cash/cash-equivalents portfolio.
- Help build, maintain, and enhance critical applications and ad-hoc tools.
- Manage and coordinate the semi-annual firmwide broker scorecard process.
- Monitor broker profitability and financial resource metrics amid an evolving regulatory landscape.
What You’ll Bring
- Three to five years of experience on a buy-side treasury/portfolio finance/treasury team.
- Sell-side candidates with a strong understanding of cash and synthetic equities financing will also be considered.
- Experience with listed futures and cleared derivatives is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Programming knowledge and experience working with large datasets.
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Self-driven with a hands-on approach for problem solving.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $130,000 to $150,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is accurate for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, depending upon factors such as skills, experience, location, or other business and organizational needs. This wage range may also be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY