Portfolio Implementation Specialist
The Portfolio Implementation Associate is responsible for supporting the Firm’s Equity Portfolio Managers (PMs) to ensure proper implementation of investment selection by acting as a liaison between the PM teams and the Traders and overseeing the client onboarding process. The following responsibilities and descriptions are based on immediate needs, however, as this role develops, it may be adapted with additional or different responsibilities to ensure the most effective outcomes in supporting implementation of investment selection for new and existing clints.
- Work closely with PMs, Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs), Traders, and others to facilitate communication between teams, ensure timely dissemination of information and data for trade execution, and monitor processes for funding of new accounts and/or clients’ cashflow activity.
- Partner with Client Development in onboarding new clients to ensure restricted lists are distributed and accurately applied to strategy models prior to delivery to transition managers, consultants, and/or clients.
- Review portfolios and work with Compliance and Trading to ensure investment guidelines and/or restrictions are set up in CRIMS and correctly applied.
- Work with Investment Operations to ensure all new account processes are completed and markets for trading are open for funding on Day 1 and trading on Day 2.
- Attend daily and/or weekly research meetings for each equity strategy/portfolio team to gain an awareness of the portfolio’s holdings, understand the PM’s thoughts and intentions about each holding in the portfolio, and be able to communicate the PM’s views to others in the firm.
- Understand and implement the PM’s instructions using Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS) to set up trades and then hand-off the trades to the Traders for execution.
- Be available to the Traders to answer questions or give guidance on the PM’s intentions.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between the PMs and Traders and ensure that questions about trades or market activity and events are communicated in a timely manner.
- Communicate and work with all impacted teams including CPMs, Compliance, Client Service, Investment Operations, and others across the Firm to ensure broad and open communication on all trades for timely and careful investment implementation and trade execution.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and diplomatic skills through ownership of trade instructions for execution, provide sound guidance to others.
- Significant knowledge of global markets, non-US markets preferred, and ability to interpret market action and portfolio impacts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical, possess and demonstrate strong analytical skills with an ability to analyze processes and impacts, exercise independent and critical thinking, and sound judgment.
- Ability to quickly learn BH’s workflow, technical systems, and applications and the business processes they support, synthesize the corresponding data, associated risks, and controls, and recommend adjustments.
- Proficient in CRIMS, APX, FactSet, Bloomberg, and MS Office suite for use and reporting.
- A. or B.S. degree plus at least five (5) years of experience in the financial services industry. Previous portfolio trading and/or investment operations experience highly preferred.
- CFA charter holder preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership and diplomatic skills through ownership of trade implementation and provide sound guidance to others.
- Possess and demonstrate a client service approach for working with PMs, CPMs, and Traders as internal clients.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, organize and prioritize multiple-tasks. work under pressure and demonstrate a professional demeaner with co-workers in moments of pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills with an ability to tailor communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience.
- Intellectual curiosity to learn new things, solve problems, and bring cohesion to the investment implementation and client onboarding processes.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, attention to details, and support the business.
- Strong work ethic and ability to safeguard confidential information.
About Barrow Hanley Global Investors: Founded in 1979, Barrow Hanley is an asset management firm with approximately $48 billion in assets under management. The firm manages equity. and fixed income portfolios and CLOs across US, Non-US, and Emerging markets for a large and diverse global institutional client base.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to KHerring@BarrowHanley.com
Contact Name: Kristi Herring, Human Resources Manager, Barrow Hanley Global Investors
Contact Email: KHerring@BarrowHanley.com
Barrow Hanley recruits, hires, trains, promotes, and compensates individuals based on job-related qualifications and abilities and provides a work environment that ensures all employees are free from discrimination or harassment because of race, color, sex, gender, age, religion or religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, public assistance needs, or any other characteristic protected by law. Barrow Hanley provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief, in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about an accommodation, need assistance with the application process, or would like to view the Firm’s Affirmative Action Policy, please email HR at KHerring@BarrowHanley.com.